Steven Sullivan

Jim wrote:
Sidebar: Awhile back there was a very high end audio store located near
where I live in the far suburbs of Washington DeeCee where I hung around on
occasion.. Got pretty friendly with one of the sales folks and we would
shoot the breeze when there weren't customers around. One day he tells me
about a customer, who owned a ultra high-end rig, who had come in and was
complaining that the previous night he had attended a performance at the
Kennedy Center in Washington. He said the symphony's sound didn't have the
"air" of his home system.

Hmm, of all the audiophile buzzwords he could have
picked, that choice is least credible: to complain of lack of
'air' in a space the size of the Kennedy Center!

But 'imaging' and 'detail'
could reasonably be thought superior in a home system
compared to a concert hall (assuming 'more' = 'superior').
If you get a bad seat, even something as simple as
left/right instrumental balance could be way off at
a concert hall, compared to the sweet spot at home.
Next time he should complain about those ;

--

-S
It's not my business to do intelligent work. -- D. Rumsfeld, testifying