Tim Britt

Excellent point. I think the Ford Mustang was only $2,200 or $2,300,
new, when it was introduced in 1964. I wonder what one would be worth
if it had been parked for 40 years, had only 7 miles on it, and was in
mint condition? I'm certain some collector would pay big bucks for it.

Hell, a new Mustang sells for over $20,000.

One fascinating aspect of this hobby to observe is that someone will
occasionally stumble across an old piece of equipment in mint condition
and then it will always sell for way more than it's really worth because
of it "collectibility."

Two Sansui TU-919 tuners sold for crazy money recently on eBay, one for
$ 1,005 and the other for $920. Makes me wish I had a pallet of them,
new in the box, in my garage. It'd be better than my 401(k)!

Rich Andrews wrote:

This is no longer audio gear, but collector's items. It does not matter
if the stuff even works, it has never been plugged in or touched since it
left the factory many moons ago. I wonder what a 1963 Caddy would bring
if it was found brand new in somone's heated and air conditioned garage.
Brian would scream that it is rusted worthless junk, but the fact of the
matter is that the car would have 7 miles on it and was parked for 40
years. I would say that it would fetch a fair amount of money and
certainly many times what the original sticker price was.