Mark D. Zacharias

"Robert Gault" wrote in message
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
snip
I'm reasonably good with Pioneer's. Only ever did one PD-65, though, and
the laser alignment was good right out of the box. Maybe I was just
lucky. Grating alignments can be a bitch. There are several "peaks" in
the output, all of which work, but only one will provide consistent
results. Service literature is not too much help. After all, what is a
"smooth null" anyway?
My shop is Pioneer authorized in Wichita KS.

Mark Z.

Was the "correct" setting in the middle of the adjustment range for peak
output or did some other parameter indicate the optimal adjustment?

It's near the middle of the adjustment. I'll usually take 3 discs, a factory
music disc, a CD-R, and a karaoke CD. When it reliably plays all three I'm
done.

Mark Z.