Kevin McMurtrie

Default bose for car audio

In article ,
"tim" wrote:

sat in my pal's '03 grand-am today and noticed the soundsystem was pretty
good. even more surprised the speakers were courtesy of Bose, seeing i
didn't know they were in the car audio market. are they available to the
general public or are they exclusive for certain car companies?

thanks.

tim

They're option kits for dealerships. I wouldn't call anything Bose
good, but it's less crappy than the $20 systems that come in most cars.

Bose is just a marketing gimmick. There's no real technology, value, or
quality in their equipment. The idea is that you'll hear how superior
their $5000 system is to a $129 system, and then you'll buy the Bose.
Their only art is in carefully crafted false dichotomy product demos and
well written advertising.