Svante

Default Do loudspeaker inductors have audible polarity?

CJT wrote in message ...
Wessel Dirksen wrote:
"CJT" wrote in message

snip
Nobody commented on my observation earlier in the thread that the
Earth's magnetic field could bias the hysteresis curve in certain
orientations. g

I personally thought you were making a joke.

I was. But that sort of thing is similar to other audiophile
legends. Skin effect comes to mind; nobody denies its existence,
but to claim an audible effect exceeds credibility.

Hmm. Pardon me if I am drifting off topic here, but I and a collegue
of mine recently noticed a quite noticeable deviance from the Z=wL in
the impedance of inductors in the HF range. These inductors were made
of standard ~0.3mm (I'll have to check this) wires and no iron core
(for loudspeaker crossovers). Any explanation to this, apart from
skin?
http://www.tolvan.com/coil.gif
Note that I don't claim big *audible* effects from this in most
applications, though.