jriegle

Default connecting 6 Ohm speakers to 4/8 Ohm amplifier

Better set it to 4 ohm position to avoid possibly stressing the amp. The 4/8
ohm selector switch was a way for manufactures to use weaker components yet
support low impedance speakers.
John

"jorain" wrote in message
news
I would like to connect one pair of JBL ATX 30 speakers to my Yamaha
RX-396RDS receiver.

The speakers have a nominal impedance of 6 Ohm.
The receiver has an impedance selector : I can choose (for one pair of
speakers) between 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm (not 6 Ohm :-)

Question: do I select the receiver to operate on 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm ?

Thanks in advance !

Jorain