Default Facing subs towards driver or away

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:18:05 +1100, "Jeff"
wrote:

I been having a debate with some mates lately on which is better, to have
you subs facing the driver or out the back of the car?
any opinions

Jeff

each car is different...kinda...

try it in your car and see what sounds best.

IN THEORY, id say facing away will sound better. If you do the math,
a bass wave length is like around 15 feet long. So pointing towards
the trunk allows for the chance of the sound bounceing off of the
trunk and giving it a longer distance before it hits your ear...thus
louder ... but, sometimes pointing them straight up sounds best.
THUS, i say it depends on the vechile

then again ... i am baseing my knowledge on junk i learnt thru out
engineering school... real world stuff is much different then
science!