Search: Posts made by: Robert Peirce
Forum: High End Audio November 17th 18, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Peirce
Adjusting room frequency response

I just did this. Pure Music/Pure Vinyl has a 64bit 2/3/4 way electronic
crossover, I have two sub-woofers and two mains in a stereo setup. I
ran individual lines to each speaker. Then I...
Forum: High End Audio October 9th 18, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Peirce
Is there way to convince Mac’s Audio MIDI S

On 10/6/18 11:10 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I have 6600 tracks encoded at 192kHz with Pure Vinyl and bookmarked in
> iTunes.** I have a DAC that can accept a 192kHz signal and downsample it
> to...
Forum: High End Audio October 6th 18, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Peirce
Is there way to convince Mac’s Audio MIDI Setup p

I asked this in comp.sys.mac. misc but I just thought somebody in
rec.audo.high-end might have a solution.

I have 6600 tracks encoded at 192kHz with Pure Vinyl and bookmarked in
iTunes. I have a...
Forum: High End Audio April 24th 17, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Peirce
Anybody know anything about the iFi Nano?

On 4/22/17 11:42 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I use it in VA to allow Pure Music to play HiRes music over AirPlay. It
> is part of an "aggregate" device consisting of the Nano and AirPlay. The
Forum: High End Audio April 22nd 17, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Peirce
Anybody know anything about the iFi Nano?

I use it in VA to allow Pure Music to play HiRes music over AirPlay. It
is part of an "aggregate" device consisting of the Nano and AirPlay.
The problem is it will sometimes cause Pure Music to...
Forum: High End Audio February 25th 17, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Peirce
OK - A Small Survey

On 2/21/17 12:35 PM, Peter Wieck wrote:
> a) How many here actually have used a soldering iron on their own electronics in cold blood?

Yes.

> b) How many here can read and understand a schematic...
Forum: High End Audio February 18th 17, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 38
Posted By Robert Peirce
The end of R.A.H-E

On 2/10/17 5:39 PM, RAHE Moderator wrote:
> 2. Open the newsgroup.
>
> In this proposal, rec.audio.high-end becomes unmoderated. Anyone
> can post at any time on any subject. Spammers will...
Forum: High End Audio December 3rd 16, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Peirce
Happy listening

On 11/28/16 5:46 PM, Peter Wieck wrote:
> I have a changer, and like to mix them up some.

I am gradually converting all my stuff to iTunes which I use with Pure
Music to output to my system. A...
Forum: High End Audio November 2nd 16, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 9
Posted By Robert Peirce
Vinyl temperature

On 10/31/16 1:10 PM, Peter Wieck wrote:
>> Re. tires, the manufacturers of high performance summer tires typically warn
not to use them below ~40F. The problem is not traction related, the
rubber...
Forum: High End Audio June 25th 16, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 26
Posted By Robert Peirce
The Problem with Stereo

The purpose of treating the listening room is to better hear the sound
field of the recording. If your room is untreated it adds its own
reflections. If the recording is bad it probably doesn't...
Forum: High End Audio January 23rd 16, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Peirce
Vinyl

On 1/19/16 11:15 AM, Peter Wieck wrote:
> On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 1:35:40 PM UTC-5, Robert Peirce wrote:
>> What is the best way to get rid of unwanted LPs?
>>
>> I have a large collection I...
Forum: High End Audio January 18th 16, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Peirce
Vinyl

What is the best way to get rid of unwanted LPs?

I have a large collection I want to retain, but my brother and mom had
smaller collections I need to dispose of. Unfortunately, I am a buyer
not a...
Forum: Tech April 30th 15, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Peirce
DVD/VHS combo

On 4/28/15 6:16 PM, wrote:
> Is this a safe bet for someone without a lot of bux to waste?
>
> I was going to get separate ones, as I am always concerned about losing the whole...
Forum: High End Audio March 28th 15, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Peirce
Electrical Engineering and Audio

On 3/20/15 9:53 AM, wrote:
> There, in fact, was no "theory" that the earth was the center of the
> universe. It was a religious doctrine. It was, in fact, TRVTH (tm),
> handed down...
Forum: High End Audio March 19th 15, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 3/17/15 2:27 PM, ScottW wrote:
> Sorry, this makes no sense to me. How is it "possible" to prove something
> false which is inherently true?

That's the point. You can't. That doesn't mean it...
Forum: High End Audio March 19th 15, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Peirce
Electrical Engineering and Audio

Thus whole discussion has gone far afield of where I thought it would
go. I will make one more attempt and then I am dropping out.

I saw an opportunity to state a point that might provoke some...
Forum: High End Audio March 19th 15, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 3/17/15 9:33 PM, wrote:
>> Yep. The one thing that is required of a scientific theory is that it
>> must be possible to prove it is false. It is considered valid until
>> that...
Forum: High End Audio March 16th 15, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 3/15/15 10:20 PM, ScottW wrote:
> If you believe this...then nothing is truly known, and that includes what you
> "also know".

Yep. The one thing that is required of a scientific theory is that...
Forum: High End Audio June 19th 14, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Peirce
Looking for AirPlay Speakers for a back porch

On 6/16/14 7:12 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I am putting together an AirPlay system in a house I own. The details
> are unimportant, but I need a speaker I can play on the back porch and
> to a...
Forum: High End Audio June 17th 14, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Peirce
Looking for AirPlay Speakers for a back porch

On 6/16/14 7:12 PM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I am putting together an AirPlay system in a house I own. The details
> are unimportant, but I need a speaker I can play on the back porch and
> to a...
Forum: High End Audio June 17th 14, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Peirce
Looking for AirPlay Speakers for a back porch

I am putting together an AirPlay system in a house I own. The details
are unimportant, but I need a speaker I can play on the back porch and
to a lesser extent in other locations.

I am getting...
Forum: High End Audio December 19th 13, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Peirce
Sonos

On 12/15/13 8:28 AM, wrote:
> I'd like to get some opinions of the ubiquitously advertised Sonos
> home sound systems. Good starter system, or just well-marketed
> rubbish?

I...
Forum: High End Audio October 23rd 13, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Peirce
Audyssey

In article >,
"Arny Krueger" > wrote:

Thanks Arny. Looks like it probably won't do any harm and is likely to
help.
Forum: High End Audio October 16th 13, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Peirce
Audyssey

What can anybody tell me about this from a high-end standpoint. A house
I just bought has Denon A/V receivers that have Audyssey built in. I
need to integrate my stereo system into this setup...
Forum: High End Audio September 26th 13, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Peirce
AV Receivers

I posted this to the alt.tv.tech.hdtv group but since the audio input
problem falls into the high end category I am reposting here in the hope
somebody has an...