Search: Posts made by: Bob Simon[_2_]
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Amp for Subwoofer

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 2:31:11 PM UTC-6, John Williamson wrote:
> What power is the speaker rated at? I used to have a subwoofer that was
> rated at 300 watts RMS, 1200 watts peak. At 8...
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Amp for Subwoofer

I have some spare audio components and plan to modify a stereo system for biamp operation to add a subwoofer. The room is 22’ x 24’ and the existing amp and speakers are Adcom GFA-545 II driving...
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 8:55:36 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Bob Simon > wrote:
> >I bought the Jensen ISOMAX years ago because I was told it would eliminate =
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 8:55:36 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Bob Simon > wrote:
> >I bought the Jensen ISOMAX years ago because I was told it would eliminate =
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 8:55:36 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Bob Simon > wrote:
> >I bought the Jensen ISOMAX years ago because I was told it would eliminate =
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 8:02:04 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Bob Simon > wrote:
> >My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a video monitor only; all audio is routed t=
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 6:41:20 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
> John Williamson wrote:
>
> ---------------------------
>
> >> You must have missed the bit "My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a...
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a video monitor only; all audio is routed through my NAD preamp and amp. Last week, a hum started without having made any changes to any systems. Today, I tried...
Forum: Pro Audio September 2nd 19, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop from Cable TV Questions

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 7:57:21 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Because there's a lot of 60 Hz trash on the cable shield, possibly because
> it's not properly bonded.
>
> Get a real...
Forum: Pro Audio August 31st 19, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop from Cable TV Questions

When I connect audio out from my cable box to my pre-amp, I get hum. I was able to eliminate it for a couple of years by inserting an isolator (ISO-MAX VRD-1FF) just ahead of the Contour cable...
Forum: Pro Audio July 4th 19, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Newbie Qs on Monitoring Overdubs and Choice of Audio Interface

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 8:55:11 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Get a small cheap mixer for monitoring, so you don't have to monitor through
> the computer. Some interfaces have such a thing...
Forum: Pro Audio July 3rd 19, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 12:28:51 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 7/3/2019 12:37 PM, Bob Simon wrote:
> > I am getting ready to buy my first audio interface. With no digital recording...
Forum: Pro Audio July 3rd 19, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Newbie Qs on Monitoring Overdubs and Choice of Audio Interface

I am getting ready to buy my first audio interface. With no digital recording experience, I need some advice on monitoring overdubs. I had been looking at the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre Thunderbolt...
Forum: Pro Audio August 26th 16, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Simon[_2_]
Ground Loop

I recently moved and connected my new Cox Contour DVR to an audio receiver and TV. There was a pretty bad hum so I inserted an isolation transformer between the cable feed and the DVR, which...