Search: Posts made by: Tobiah
Forum: Pro Audio June 13th 21, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Tobiah
Comments on production?

> Though I'd suggest that the 'horn' and the guitar sound to be too
> different - as in the guitar is close-miked, and the horn is
> sounding more distant and roomy. Each in a similar space and...
Forum: Pro Audio June 12th 21, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Tobiah
How to play CDs in new cars...

On 6/10/2021 5:58 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 12:23 PM, Tobiah wrote:
>> It's definitely time to drop the CD's. There is really no need for
>> mechanical storage anymore.
>
> Sure there...
Forum: Pro Audio June 10th 21, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Tobiah
Comments on production?

> If you're in an untreated bedroom, you might try adding a little plate reverb
> in post.

I used the reverb in the EWI software for the wind instrument and added some
moderate reverb to the guitar...
Forum: Pro Audio June 8th 21, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Tobiah
Comments on production?

On 6/8/2021 1:01 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 22:50:19 -0700, Tobiah > wrote:
>
>> On 6/7/2021 10:45 PM, Tobiah wrote:
>>> How'd I do?√ā¬* Could I improve the...
Forum: Pro Audio June 8th 21, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Tobiah
Comments on production?

On 6/7/2021 10:45 PM, Tobiah wrote:
> How'd I do?¬* Could I improve the production?¬* Can
> you name the melody instruments?

Whoops, link:

http://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/come_again.wav
Forum: Pro Audio June 8th 21, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Tobiah
Comments on production?

How'd I do? Could I improve the production? Can
you name the melody instruments?
Forum: Pro Audio May 25th 21, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Tobiah
Mic preamp comparison

> It's easy with a condenser mic because the first stage of the preamp
> is built into the mic, so the loading is always going to be right.

This leads me to wonder why it's not more popular to put...
Forum: Pro Audio May 20th 21, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Tobiah
Mic preamp comparison

> Where does the second pre-amp recording begin - about 18sec?

About 9 seconds in, then three more times alternating preamps.
Forum: Pro Audio May 20th 21, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Tobiah
Mic preamp comparison

> ** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...

I take it that you found my post uninteresting. I stretch it here
at times since the traffic is so much lower now...
Forum: Pro Audio May 19th 21, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Tobiah
Mic preamp comparison

I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
into the same sound file.

All things were as...
Forum: Pro Audio May 15th 21, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By Tobiah
Patch cable recommendation

On 5/14/2021 7:23 PM, geoff wrote:
> Caig DeOxit or Gold

I'm overwhelmed by the number of products.
Would someone suggest a <$10.00 product
that would let me clean my 1/4" cables
and 1402-VLZ Pro...
Forum: Pro Audio May 15th 21, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By Tobiah
Patch cable recommendation

On 5/14/2021 7:23 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 15/05/2021 5:30 am, Tobiah wrote:
>> I need some balanced (TRS 1/4" plug) cables to run
>> between a sound card and mixer.¬* I bought a cheap
>> snake a long...
Forum: Pro Audio May 14th 21, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By Tobiah
Patch cable recommendation

I need some balanced (TRS 1/4" plug) cables to run
between a sound card and mixer. I bought a cheap
snake a long time ago, and despite it not being
abused, I have to fiddle with many of the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 21, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By Tobiah
Cheap preamp for video calls?

On 4/6/2021 4:13 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 7/04/2021 10:51 am, Tobiah wrote:
>>
>>> Why is it that 'normal' people don't need to jump through such hoops
>>> for Zoom sessions ?¬*¬* Are you (Tobiah)...
Forum: Pro Audio April 6th 21, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Tobiah
Ignore, please...

On 3/29/2021 7:16 AM, Barry wrote:
> Please?

I read it!
Forum: Pro Audio April 6th 21, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By Tobiah
Cheap preamp for video calls?

> Why is it that 'normal' people don't need to jump through such hoops
> for Zoom sessions ? Are you (Tobiah) trying to do something musical
> or otherwise hi-fi-ish ? Or just want to sound as good...
Forum: Pro Audio March 27th 21, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By Tobiah
Cheap preamp for video calls?

> I have no idea which is better, the Behringer or the Mackie.
I do have a Mackie VLZ Pro. I guess I will drag that out.
I was hoping for a small footprint, but my desk is almost
4x8 so I can...
Forum: Pro Audio March 11th 21, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 14
Posted By Tobiah
Recording In Progress

> What are the major points?
> What are the pros and cons?
> Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's talking about?

I scanned the piece here and there over the course...
Forum: Pro Audio January 12th 21, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 20
Posted By Tobiah
[OT] Adding volume control to electronic device

> Depends on what you consider pins 1 and 2 (I assume you're talking
> about the pot here), but I don't think you have it right anyway. The
> usual hookup is as a voltage divider, with the two ends...
Forum: Pro Audio January 11th 21, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 20
Posted By Tobiah
[OT] Adding volume control to electronic device

So how would I wire it? Would I just use pins 1 and 2 to put
the pot inline on one of the speaker leads? Does it matter
which side of the speaker? I seems that I could also short both
leads...
Forum: Pro Audio January 11th 21, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Tobiah
Presonus 1810 goes away until reboot

This is a long shot, but I've gotten some great answers
here on more difficult questions. I'll copy here what
I posted to the Presonus forum:

At random times, different applications that are using...
Forum: Pro Audio December 11th 20, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Tobiah
Delay strangeness

> Practically any Delay plugin should behave as you expect by default,
> I would have thought.

I would have thought so too. I was using reaDelay within Reaper.
I sends the first echo at 100%, and...
Forum: Pro Audio June 7th 20, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Tobiah
Keep the Mac or eBay it?

> I once saw a horse and cart that was really good.

I once saw sarcasm properly used :)
Forum: Pro Audio June 4th 20, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Tobiah
Keep the Mac or eBay it?

> Apple software is based on a *nix kernel. That's about as close as it
> gets to being a *nix system, as the UI and other stuff is pure Apple.

From what I can tell, it's a Unix system with a...
Forum: Pro Audio June 4th 20, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Tobiah
Keep the Mac or eBay it?