Search: Posts made by: Scott Dorsey
Forum: Pro Audio Yesterday, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott Dorsey
How to change a voice's pitch, programmatically, in real time?

Piotr Mancini > wrote:

>The question is actually more general than simple signal intensity and frequency. I need to "modulate" a signal based on user's activity. Any...
Forum: Pro Audio Yesterday, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Another Mic Shootout

mcp6453 > wrote:
>Here's an interesting mic test. I'm surprised how muddy the 44BX is and
>how bright the 77DX is. The levels are not normalized. I don't know what
>preamp he...
Forum: Pro Audio June 28th 20, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott Dorsey
CD Burner Recommendation

Jason > wrote:

>What's best these days? I still have many requests to create
>CD's, mostly from the musicians who performed on the recordings.
>I suppose I'm looking...
Forum: Pro Audio June 13th 20, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Help In Setting Bias/Eq on Revox A77?

> wrote:
>I have a revox a77, when on playing mode, the speed runs too fast, also when switching between 7 1/2 to 3 3/4, the casptain motor speed doesnt change.21 volt in 3...
Forum: Pro Audio June 5th 20, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Keep the Mac or eBay it?

In article >, Tobiah > wrote:

>> Unless you want to use a command-line DAW (?!!!) then surely you are
>> approaching everything from 100% the wrong...
Forum: Pro Audio June 4th 20, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Keep the Mac or eBay it?

John Williamson > wrote:

>Apple software is based on a *nix kernel. That's about as close as it
>gets to being a *nix system, as the UI and other stuff is pure...
Forum: Pro Audio June 4th 20, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 25
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Keep the Mac or eBay it?

Try it. It won't cost you anything to try it since you already have it.
You might like it. I do; I think the bash command language is a whole hell
of a lot nicer than Powershell, and it makes it...
Forum: Pro Audio May 19th 20, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Radio processing

Tatonik > wrote:
>Yesterday flooding in the Chicago area knocked out power to the Willis
>Tower (née Sears Tower) atop which the broadcast antenna for WFMT 98.7...
Forum: Pro Audio May 11th 20, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Oktava ORTF question

Tatonik > wrote:
>I have an Oktava MK-012 pair that I'd like to use in an ORTF setup. At
>the moment I only have the hypercardioid capsules, not the cardioid....
Forum: Pro Audio May 6th 20, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Virus Isolation Recording

mcp6453 > wrote:
>Here's a recording by The Doobie Brothers ("Black Water"). Was this
>recording made with each person adding his part separately as an
>overdub? With the latency...
Forum: Pro Audio April 27th 20, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 50
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

> wrote:
>I just purchased a Shure 55 Fatboy, not sure when it was manufactured since=
> the written material on the mike is not legible. The exterior is in fanta=
>stic shape and...
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 20, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

geoff > wrote:
>On 26/04/2020 12:57 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> 5ms may be good enough - best try it out. Quite inexpensive ....
>>>
>>> Most regular analogue IEM system...
Forum: Pro Audio April 25th 20, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

geoff > wrote:
>On 23/04/2020 3:48 am, Michael Beacom wrote:
>> On 2020-04-19 16:21:15 +0000, Tobiah said:
>>
>> This YouTube video talks about this very problem:
Forum: Pro Audio April 20th 20, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

Ralph Barone > wrote:

>Perhaps a Bluetooth audio receiver coupled to your favourite wired
>headphones (run the cable down your back) might get you good headphone
>quality and...
Forum: Pro Audio April 13th 20, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Dorsey
High pitched noise is affected by mouse movement.

In article >, Tobiah > wrote:
>I'm using a Presonus 1810 as my main interface for Windows 10.
>I hadn't had any problems. Recently (since having to work...
Forum: Pro Audio April 13th 20, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Social Distance Jam App?

In article >, Neil > wrote:

>I recall that a while back (perhaps almost a decade or so) there was a
>live performance by musicians located in...
Forum: Pro Audio February 29th 20, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Dorsey
alexis AD24

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:
>On 2/28/2020 5:55 PM, geoff wrote:
>> Mike - time for a optician visit I think. *A*D 24* ;- )
>
>Did you read what I...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

Andy Burns > wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> since you refuse to explain why you want to do any of this, it's hard
>> to know.
>
>I suspect the answer to that is somewhere...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>>The thing is, the nonlinear encoding used by ADPCM isn't
>>really either of those things.
>
>Then what is it?? Come on, I'm black & white...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>Trevor wrote:
>>I'm sure you know this, but the old compression Vs compression Vs
>>compression linguistic problem raises it's head once again.
>
>That's why, in...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>On 21 Feb 2020 12:30:08 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>If I were you I'd try to do some processing to improve intelligibility rather
>>than...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>On 21 Feb 2020 12:33:06 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>>I would keep the oriiginal WAV file, but web browsers can't play this
>>>particular type...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>
>You are correct. The file uses ADPCM compression, I believe, so it is
>not CD quality. It uses a bit depth of 4 bits, which is de-compressed
>when playing to 16...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

If I were you I'd try to do some processing to improve intelligibility rather
than worrying about fidelity. High pass everything below 200 Hz or so,
then low-pass everything above maybe 6KHz, and...
Forum: Pro Audio February 15th 20, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

John Hardy > wrote:

>"Lifetime @ Temp.: 1000 Hrs @ 85°C"
>
>That is the shortest life rating at the lowest temperature I've ever seen!

"The warranty is 90 days. If it...