Search: Posts made by: Mr.T
Forum: Pro Audio November 30th 10, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Well, that's another question... are people buying surround sound music
DVDs
> with vision included?

They...
Forum: Pro Audio November 30th 10, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Right, but they aren't buying the media.
>
> People have the equipment to play it back, but they aren't...
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 10, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> What sells DVD-A and SACD into the market, over CD, is the ability to
> have surround recordings. Since...
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 10, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> I'm not sure I'd call surround playback a con per se, at least no more
than
> any other recording...
Forum: Pro Audio November 28th 10, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> >> Why do you think DVD-A and DSD failed?
> >
> >Umm, because they were snake oil?
>
> Snake oil usually...
Forum: Pro Audio November 27th 10, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> In order to become commonplace, the technology has to become very cheap to
> make and to use, and that is...
Forum: Pro Audio November 27th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Arny Krueger" > wrote in message
> > But how many people listen to classical music on their
> > MP3 players?
>
> Lots of...
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 10, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Chris Bore" > wrote in message
> * to what reference level, over what interval, and with...
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 10, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> I suppose you could call a #5 crossbar a "computer" even though it's not
> a von neumann machine....

You...
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 10, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> If we didn't have the computers, we wouldn't have the telephone service. I
> read way back in...
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 10, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> You will occasionally still see those old films shown in proper polarized
> 3-D now and then. I work at a...
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 10, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> Yeah, but part of Apple's money comes from the desperation of computer
> owners who are sick...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Dick Pierce" > wrote in message
> A lot of us on this group remember quite clearly paying
> for each and every call, having to gather up...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Randy Yates" > wrote in message
> FYI, binaural reproduction over speakers has been called "transaural
> processing." Dr. Duane Cooper had some...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"glen herrmannsfeldt" > wrote in message
> > Dummy head binaural recordings have been done for decades, but never
really
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
> >> Yes. To me, the first step in "true stereo" is to buy a decent
> >> headset. Then, you...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Bill Graham" > wrote in message
>This is what I was talking about when I said it was what drove our
> automobile manufacturers...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"glen herrmannsfeldt" > wrote in message
> (I even remember the L-cassette, ELCA, a larger version
> of the Compact Cassette, with...
Forum: Pro Audio November 25th 10, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> That's not the fault of measurements, of course, but of people who aren't
> using their ears.

Actually not...
Forum: Pro Audio November 24th 10, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

> Mike Rivers wrote:
> "Pro Audio" doesn't call the shots. It's the suppliers of
> program material to the consumers that do. They're the ones
> who can do things that earn them more money. All...
Forum: Pro Audio November 22nd 10, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Randy Yates" > wrote in message
> dbV is also another. However, both of these can be traced back to power
> with some assumptions.

Not assumptions,...
Forum: Pro Audio November 22nd 10, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 233
Posted By Mr.T
dBFS

"Dick Pierce" > wrote in message
> glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
> > In comp.dsp Dick Pierce > wrote:
> >
> > (snip, I...
Forum: Tech November 21st 10, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 98
Posted By Mr.T
Questions on Levels

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> >> dBFS has not got a damn thing to do with sine waves or reference levels
> >> or anything in the analogue...
Forum: Tech November 20th 10, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 98
Posted By Mr.T
Questions on Levels

"Randy Yates" > wrote in message
> You guys have danced around this one all day. It's getting humorous.

That you expect a simple answer without...
Forum: Tech November 20th 10, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Replies: 98
Posted By Mr.T
Questions on Levels