Search: Posts made by: Phil Allison[_4_]
Forum: Pro Audio Today, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Another Mic Shootout

mcp6453 wrote silly nonsense as usual

-------------------------------------

> Here's an interesting mic test.

** No it isn't.

> I'm surprised how muddy the 44BX is and
> how bright the 77DX...
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
My Corona ?

Hi,

this home made vid is well produced, well played and damn funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cFN2iC9u8&list=RD-2cFN2iC9u8&start_radio=1

I particularly like the teen girl with the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 20th 20, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Wireless phones?

Tobiah wrote:

--------------------
> At home, I record solo guitar while monitoring
> with wired headphones. The cable can be a problem,
> getting in the way, and sometimes causing its own noise.
Forum: Vacuum Tubes April 6th 20, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Distortion please...Amp Distortion

Xtrchessreal wrote:

--------------------

> I have a DIY amp built to Marshall 2204 circuit specs that is about 15 years old now. I use it at my gigs. I want to experiment a bit.
>
> A couple...
Forum: Pro Audio April 5th 20, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Tube Amp Question

wrote:

-------------------------
> I have a Egnater Rebel-20 guitar amp head which is very versatile along with some nice features: multi-tap output transformer, effects loop,...
Forum: Pro Audio February 17th 20, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

wrote:

--------------------------

> Yes, it's a real pain to solve vibration issues in an active speaker.

** Not really, just smother everything is "Yellow Glue" and make...
Forum: Pro Audio February 7th 20, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
dynamic omni vs condenser for low noise.

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

----------------------

> The noise of the pre-amp should be negligible when compared with these
> two sources of microphone noise. Most modern pre-amps will achieve...
Forum: Pro Audio November 30th 19, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Whirlwind cables ?

geoff wrote:

-------------

> Are Whirlwind mic cables supposed to be any good ? A client has some
> that the sheath appears to have gone slack on, with twist of the
> internal pair clearly...
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Input transformer for Spectra Sonics 101 preamp

wrote:

-------------------------

> > ** Bull****, it ain't the same card.
> >
> > An input tranny that gave 10dB more gain would reduce the impedance
> > to 60 ohms....
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rick Ruskin wrote:

-----------------

> Phil Allison

> > ** We talking about the same manufacturer who sold thousand of
> > cheap and nasty, 19inch rack mount, stereo power amplifiers
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

---------------------

> >As far as I know, the 101 was used as the front end on all
> >Spectra sonics consoles until the 110 came along.
>
> It was. It was also used as...
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rick Ruskin wrote:

-------------------

> >No, because the input impedance on those is already 600 ohms. It is
> >dominated by the emitter resistor on Q1. If you put a step-up transformer
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 19, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Rhiannon & Blue Wind live

Hi to all,

things are sleepy here again you might like to view a couple of live music vids by famous people.

First up is Fleetwood Mac, live on some TV show doing "Rhiannon" not long after the...
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Amp for Subwoofer

John Williamson wrote:

----------------------

> What power is the speaker rated at? I used to have a subwoofer that was
> rated at 300 watts RMS, 1200 watts peak. At 8 ohms, that is just under...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff wrote:

--------------

> > ** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?
> >
> > FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??
> >
> > Right next to the 100-240V spec...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff the blind ****head wrote:

------------------------------

> >> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> >> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff wrote:
------------

> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
> the listing.
Forum: Pro Audio November 11th 19, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

jtees4 wrote:

--------------

> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
> folks will know the answer.
> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will...
Forum: Pro Audio November 10th 19, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Adding Multiple Absorption Coefficients

Sean B wrote:

-------------

> So let's say I have two different acoustic absorbers covering most of the area of a room,

** What area is that?

All six surfaces with two independent...
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
overvoltage on audio circuits - Noname.jpg (0/1)

Scott Dorsey wrote:
---------------------

> >> 4. All the GkTB equations we were forced to memorize in school are useful at
> >> RF but not useful in a mismatched low frequency world.
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Mystery man Revealed

wrote:

----------------------

" Nasty little ****, whatever the fact. "

I could not have been more correct about this egomaniac asshole.

Hell hath no fury like a charlatan scorned.
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

-------------------------

> > Too much for you puny brain ?

> >> There you go again. What's the deal?
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
-------------------

> Phil is known to have some odd notions about noise,

*** Nah, that is not one tiny bit true.

> but I am assuming that
> we can all agree on the same...
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Mystery man Revealed

Hi,

a poster using " j... @mich.com " has been annoying me with drivel for a few days. These are my last words to him:

" ** You are a lying idiot.

Forum: Pro Audio November 6th 19, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

> This is widely known. It is also widely known that it is difficult
> to specify a NF for an amplifier,

** Not true.