Forum: High End Audio June 6th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Moon amp, the perfect chance

On Jun 6, 12:00*am, wrote:
> [...]
Forum: High End Audio June 4th 09, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Moon amp, the perfect chance

On Jun 3, 6:23*am, " > wrote:
> Umm... I would beg to differ. Speakers break in very much the same non-
> linear way that audio tubes break in (all numbers additive):

Forum: High End Audio May 27th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Phono Stage

On May 26, 6:58*pm, " > wrote:

<snip>

> As to applying signal to a power-amp (tube or solid-state) without a
> load it is NOT a good idea. Apart from the waste of energy,...
Forum: High End Audio May 26th 09, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 245
Posted By [email protected]
Is flat frequency response desirable?

On May 25, 8:15*pm, "Harry Lavo" > wrote:

<snip>

> You ever hear the effect of a PC on a good audio system when it is operating
> nearby? *Do you think that same low level noise...
Forum: High End Audio May 25th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 245
Posted By [email protected]
Is flat frequency response desirable?

On May 21, 2:58*pm, "Harry Lavo" > wrote:

<snip>

> Well, I listened myself for as long as I could stand it on my "very fine"
> equipment. *So I tend to support those who hear a...
Forum: Pro Audio April 20th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
PC Memory problems

On Apr 19, 3:24*pm, jeffontheleft > wrote:
> I'm running Cubase 5.01 and Reason 4.0 in Rewire mode on XP SP3 with a
> Lynx TWO-C, an Intel quadcore and 4 GB of RAM. *With Cubase...
Forum: Pro Audio April 19th 09, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Wierd waveforms.

On Apr 18, 1:59*pm, " >
wrote:
> Crap...sorry, some of those image links in the last message were wrong
> (the first one).
>
> Here they are again:
>
> Non...
Forum: High End Audio April 8th 09, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
mp3 player to stereo adapter?

On Apr 7, 3:59*pm, " > wrote:

> With many cheap MP3 players, there is no 'lower volume' than the
> initial volume - only louder. That is a function of the very cheap op-
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Hi Z Buffer Distortion

On Apr 7, 10:23*am, (GregS) wrote:
> In article >, wrote:
> >On Apr 7, 6:45=A0am, Eeyore...
Forum: High End Audio April 7th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
mp3 player to stereo adapter?

On Apr 7, 10:43*am, " > wrote:
<snip>

> If you come straight out of the headphone jack, you will very often
> get distorted sound due to the op-amp headphone driver of the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 09, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Hi Z Buffer Distortion

On Apr 7, 6:45*am, Eeyore >
wrote:
> Soundhaspriority wrote:
> > Correction, *Should read: *Vacuum tubes disappeared from instrumentation
> > with the advent of...
Forum: High End Audio April 7th 09, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Apr 6, 3:24*pm, (Greg Grainger) wrote:
> Apologies if this has been asked before.
>
> I want to plug my mp3 player into my preamp, but the player has only the
> headphone output....
Forum: Pro Audio April 5th 09, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Which is more important in speaker cables - thickness or lenght?

On Apr 5, 12:05*pm, DeeAa > wrote:
> Hey,
>
> When you connect a pair of speakers with cables of clearly different
> length, the speaker with longer cord will be lower in volume....
Forum: Pro Audio April 1st 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Recording system for student

On Apr 1, 9:52*am, Mike Rivers > wrote:
<snip>

> Yup. It's a pet peeve of mine that when it comes to cost cutting, input and
> output level controls are the first to go. But you...
Forum: Pro Audio March 31st 09, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
do i need a pre amp?

On Mar 30, 6:56*pm, Jack Jarmush > wrote:
> On Mar 31, 12:40*am, "Tim Perry" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Jack Jarmush" > wrote in...
Forum: High End Audio March 29th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Panoramic spectrum analysis

On Mar 29, 10:21*am, Steve > wrote:
> Slightly off topic but if we are talking about FM and webcasts;
>
> 1) Is the bitrate of an MP3 streaming webcast the same as the...
Forum: Pro Audio March 29th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Recording system for student

On Mar 27, 1:19*am, DeeAa > wrote:
<snip>
> Stay far away from Behringer, Alto and such stuff. Trust me. I use a
> behri mixer but only on monitoring and even there you can easily...
Forum: Pro Audio March 29th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Routing a stereo out to a mono input.

On Mar 29, 8:49*am, Ludwig77 > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 1:53*am, jakdedert > wrote:
>

> > Ludwig77 wrote:
> > > I played a gig using my laptop to play...
Forum: High End Audio March 28th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Mar 28, 10:32*am, DManzaluni > wrote:
> There used to be a really cool tuner made by Sequerra which I saw in
> the 1970s which had this amazing feature on a built-in...
Forum: High End Audio March 21st 09, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
100khz beyond human hearing range?

On Mar 21, 7:04*am, ST > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My CD player offers filters which changes the playback sound
> characteristic. One of the filter for SACD states that "...dampens
Forum: Pro Audio March 21st 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 246
Posted By [email protected]
upgrade preamp for home recording

On Mar 20, 8:24*pm, Rick Ruskin > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:13:36 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> >Like I said, I don't throw pearls...
Forum: High End Audio March 19th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Bi-wiring?

On Mar 17, 11:20*pm, Greg Wormald > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *codifus > wrote:
> > That is one way to look at it. Another?...
Forum: High End Audio February 28th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Interesting article from recording equipment designers about

On Feb 26, 10:30*am, Sonnova > wrote:
> Here is an interesting insight into how pro designers see op-amps vs discrete
> component gain stages and modern DACs/ADCs. Many...
Forum: High End Audio February 26th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for a GREAT DAC at a reasonable price

<snip>