Forum: Pro Audio January 13th 20, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

John Williamson:

So 'capital WAV' link, according to inspection, telling players it's a video when it's not! smh
Forum: Pro Audio January 13th 20, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

invalid wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 13:33:12 +1300, geoff >
wrote:

>>Is this short collection of odd noises what you intended to show us ?
>>
>>And the 'Wav' link...
Forum: Pro Audio January 13th 20, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
converting WAV file to MP3

Was this recorded during recent events in Iraq & Iran??
Forum: Pro Audio January 8th 20, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

Jim Lesurf:

To follow up:

So what youngsters are showing preference for is not the "sound of MP3",
but the sound of music, and of certain instruments, as modern mastering
techniques make them...
Forum: Pro Audio January 8th 20, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

Jim Lesurf wrote:
>IIRC I read similar reports some years ago somewhere like in JAES. Perhaps
>due to becoming habituated to the sound of 'popular' music via mp3. So in
>effect, coming to regard...
Forum: Pro Audio January 7th 20, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

mako Mark:

Yes, that first time delay is similar to mine. Subsequent mp3s play faster, still not as fast as other formats.
Forum: Pro Audio January 7th 20, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

gray_wolf wrote:

>Sounds like a slow computer. Back in the old days my computer
>could take 2-3 minutes to open a average size mp3 in Cool edit Pro...

Re-read what I wrote: I mentioned one...
Forum: Pro Audio January 5th 20, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

geoff wrote:

>You'd think if anybody was hell-bent on sticking with a legacy Win OS it
>would be XP(64).

>geoff

So far, so smooth! If it ain't broke, geoff, why f- with it? Like I explained...
Forum: Pro Audio January 5th 20, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

geoff wrote:

>Windows Vista ?!!!!

>geoff

Overall, works fine. Just a little slower overall than when new, but that Media
Player behavior when asked to play MP3s has been like that only the...
Forum: Pro Audio January 4th 20, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

Mike Rivers wrote:

>Maybe to share. While MP3 doesn't offer the highest fidelity,
>it's the most common audio file format and just about everyone
>can play it. Some people might balk at...
Forum: Pro Audio January 4th 20, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

Real Player Converter is also good - if still available.

Converts WAV, AIFF, etc to MP3, etc.

I've had it for nearly ten years, but since the last five years,
it converts video files only to...
Forum: Pro Audio January 3rd 20, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 54
NY
Posted By [email protected]
NY

Tobiah wrote:

>We also group decades by saying the 20's, 30's.. I'd hate to have to
>remember that a song written in 1960 was really part of the 50's.

That's alright. There's always what I term...
Forum: Pro Audio December 23rd 19, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Can you ID these headphones?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>The initial intention of the second amendment was to preserve the ability
>to have a revolution; that is, it exists to protect the right to form an
>independent militia. As...
Forum: Pro Audio December 21st 19, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Can you ID these headphones?

As far as her cans, they look like a hardwired version of these:...
Forum: Pro Audio December 21st 19, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Can you ID these headphones?

wrote:

>That's Dana Loesch (pron. like Lash) - conservative commentator and adamant pro 2nd
>Amendment advocate. One of her books is titled "Hands Off My Gun", an excellent read....
Forum: Pro Audio December 10th 19, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
AudioSlave/Chris Cornell Live sounds terrible

John Williamson:

Isn't it easy to just look for the original posting date, right at the top of the O.P.?

Either way I couldn't give a shart how old a thread is, as long as
knowledge is imparted...
Forum: Pro Audio December 10th 19, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
AudioSlave/Chris Cornell Live sounds terrible

People who obsess over how "old" a thread or post is have
some serious personal issues.
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
AES Show Report

From the report:

"Grandmaster Flash, and I was prepared to dismiss his presentation
but to be honest I have to say that it was probably the best keynote
speech I have ever seen at an AES show....
Forum: Pro Audio October 1st 19, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cleanest track ever ?

Phil has a point: If his LP and jacket have "Capitol" stamped anywhere
on it, chances are it was remixed for stereo in/for the U.S. market.
Forum: Pro Audio September 24th 19, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Zoom H4n Replacement

Mike Rivers:

Would real gaffers tape be easier to pry apart in cases where the
banquet - and not the AV - crew pull wires up ahead of a room
flip, resulting in said tape being wrapped completely...
Forum: Pro Audio September 6th 19, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
They don't make it like they used to ...

John Williamson wrote: "As shown, envelope. Zoom right in to see the waveform, but we've told "

Then you and geoff need to go on all the moderated audio forums
and correct the THOUSANDS of...
Forum: Pro Audio September 6th 19, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
They don't make it like they used to ...

geoff wrote: "
A song with a degree of hard limiting on peaks. Not hyper-compressed.
Impossible to tell if any clipping.

Sorry to bully you by answering.

geoff "

Wrong answer McFly - Waveform...
Forum: Pro Audio September 5th 19, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
They don't make it like they used to ...

John Williamson wrote: "How *is* life under that bridge?"

What's that supposed to mean, bully?
Forum: Pro Audio September 5th 19, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
They don't make it like they used to ...

Unlike most moderated forums, this newsgeoup is populated
largely by bullies(Williamson, geoff, Trevor) unwilling to share
information, or why they think terminology is so important.
Forum: Pro Audio September 5th 19, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
They don't make it like they used to ...

Trevor wrote: "However the real question is why do so many here realise he is stupid,
is never going to learn, yet don't bother to kill-file him? Masochists,
or just love slagging him off? "

Just...