Search: Posts made by: D.Kreft
Forum: Car Audio July 2nd 07, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 28
Posted By D.Kreft
Add volume to sub box using a capped pipe?

On Jul 1, 1:20 pm, ruens > wrote:

> We've all ****ed up when building boxes at one point or another.
> Simply put, trash it, take it as a lesson learned, plan and build
Forum: Car Audio June 28th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
Carver amp question

On Jun 28, 9:20 am, (Tim Witort) wrote:

> Thanks, Dan. Since Carver is somewhat defunct now, I'm not
> sure where to direct a question like this. Do I send and email
> to...
Forum: Car Audio June 27th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
Carver amp question

On Jun 27, 9:08 am, (Tim Witort) wrote:
> I've had a Carver 2090i amp sitting on the shelf for a few
> years after using it in a prior install. It performed very
> well for...
Forum: Car Audio June 20th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 5
Posted By D.Kreft
Speaker troubles

On Jun 20, 12:13 am, allamerreject145 >
wrote:

> Hi, I purchased 4 alpine type-s 5 inch speakers and a pioneer
> deh-1800 head unit, and recently added a subwoofer....
Forum: Car Audio June 19th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By D.Kreft
sub woofer box problems, need info

On Jun 19, 10:08 am, s3sqguy <[email protected]
mx.forum.carstereos.org> wrote:

> Turned out it was an IB speaker
> and had a nasty response curve; it only hit in two different Hz and
> nothing...
Forum: Car Audio June 6th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 21
sad
Posted By D.Kreft
sad

On Jun 5, 5:36 am, (bob wald) wrote:

> danny..did you not understand the Sherwood was the most expensive?

No, I did not and I still do not.

> now if you doubled for 2ohm. it...
Forum: Car Audio June 5th 07, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 4
Posted By D.Kreft
Woofer box in conversion van - porting?

On Jun 3, 10:06 pm, Matt Ion > wrote:

> I was thinking more of the waves OUTside the box...

Yeah, that scenario likely wouldn't be ideal, but then again,
considering the...
Forum: Car Audio June 5th 07, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 21
sad
Posted By D.Kreft
sad

On Jun 4, 2:47 pm, (bob wald) wrote:

> i remember buying my Sherwood like it was yesterday...they were the
> first few to have 2ohm stable as i remember buying it from...
Forum: Car Audio June 4th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.audio.car

On Jun 3, 1:03 pm, Matt Ion > wrote:

> Er... so you're going to have two pair of back-to-back drivers, with
> each pair sharing the same airspace? I dunno how well that would
Forum: Car Audio June 1st 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 21
sad
Posted By D.Kreft
sad

On May 31, 3:06 pm, (bob wald) wrote:
> i'm all alone at the top...
> no1 knows Sherwood made some of the best amps ever assembled.
> Alpine is great too.
> Infinity n...
Forum: Car Audio May 25th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 10
Posted By D.Kreft
Can I install multiple amps to one capacitor?

On May 18, 10:55 am, s3sqguy <[email protected]
mx.forum.carstereos.org> wrote:

> They are just a tiny battery that can dump all of its current fast.

<pick type="nit">
This is technically...
Forum: Car Audio May 25th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 5
Posted By D.Kreft
Second Amp Connection

On May 17, 7:47 am, wrote:

> Hey guys i need help with my second amp installation. I have 4 channel
> amp connected to my door speakers (4 Speakers). New i want to install
Forum: Car Audio May 7th 07, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 2
Posted By D.Kreft
Adding a subwoofer to the factory sound system

On May 7, 12:00 am, Gunz4me > wrote:

> So I guess my main question for you installers out there is have you
> ever seen a customer satisfied with just adding a subwoofer to...
Forum: Car Audio April 30th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
whizzing sound when changing songs

On Apr 30, 12:34 pm, Mariachi > wrote:

> True, copper does have better conductivity than gold. But a lot of
> people like gold-plated terminals because gold is soft and is...
Forum: Car Audio April 30th 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 1
Posted By D.Kreft
RAC FAQ, section 2.1; question

On Apr 29, 5:34 pm, "robert.waters" > wrote:

> Is there another way to perform the following process (in the rac FAQ,
> section 2.1.1):
> "After you have determined that...
Forum: Car Audio April 30th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.car

On Apr 30, 8:02 am, John Durbin > wrote:

> You are wrong... look at it from the perspective of the resistance of
> the car chassis as a ground path vs. the piece of wire you...
Forum: Car Audio April 27th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 5
Posted By D.Kreft
8 ohm speak wiring

On Apr 27, 12:31 pm, s3sqguy <[email protected]
mx.forum.carstereos.org> wrote:

> Many say the amp doubles power from 4 to 2 ohms but usually
> its not double.

"Usually"? How often? Is this based...
Forum: Car Audio April 27th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 3
Posted By D.Kreft
NEW MEMBER

On Apr 26, 2:07 pm, "dynoman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> HI,MY NAME IS DYNOMAN AND I'M NEW ON THIS FORUM.MY HOBBY IS CAR AUDIO
> INSTALLS AND UPDATING CARS. I LIVE IN MURFREESBORO,TN AND I HAD MY CAR...
Forum: Car Audio April 23rd 07, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
Tweeter protection.

One thing I'd like to point out in all of this is that a fuse is
likely to do more harm than good because you'll be under the false
impression that you can do whatever you want with the volume knob...
Forum: Car Audio April 23rd 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
Tweeter protection.

On Apr 23, 9:28 am, (GregS) wrote:

> Finding the amount of power it can take might be the real problem.

I'm presuming he has the specs for the tweeter, which would include
the...
Forum: Car Audio April 22nd 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By D.Kreft
Tweeter protection.

On Apr 21, 6:48 pm, WindsorFox > wrote:

> Well I hit the send by accident. You're way over thinking the
> question. It's not car audio but I asked here not because the...
Forum: Car Audio April 17th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 4
Posted By D.Kreft
Amp under perspex on car floor.

On Apr 17, 11:54 am, "Jonathan" > wrote:

> "Premature meltdown"??
>
> Surely the amps overheating protector would kick in before anything drastic
> happens???

Hyperbole.

The...
Forum: Car Audio April 17th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 3
Posted By D.Kreft
Get a beep if faceplate isn't removed

On Apr 16, 7:37 pm, john_c > wrote:

> Are there any in dash radios that will beep or do something to remind
> you to remove the radio faceplate? I think it would help my...
Forum: Car Audio April 16th 07, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.car

On Apr 16, 2:17 pm, "Jonathan" > wrote:

> I'm looking at using 12mm perspex, this thick enough?

I don't know what "perspex" is and am too lazy to look it or to
convert 12mm to...
Forum: Car Audio April 14th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By D.Kreft
Smoke coming out of my CD player

On Apr 14, 11:22 am, "