Search: Posts made by: Phil W
Forum: Pro Audio November 2nd 19, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil W
Can't get system sounds through my Presonus 18/10

Mike Rivers:
> On 11/1/2019 1:37 AM, geoff wrote:
>> You'll need a regularWindows device driver as well as the ASIO one which
>> Reaper is presumably accessing. Configure in Control Panel for your...
Forum: Pro Audio July 3rd 19, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By Phil W
Before I spend too much...

:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 08:18:46 +1200, geoff >
> wrote:

>>In the case of much classical music, the composer hadn't even considered
>>the possibility of there...
Forum: Pro Audio June 11th 19, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil W
DJ software with specific options?

"JBI" >:

> I have a series of songs that I want to feed into a DJ program for auto
> fading, add any compression or EQ, and then save the resulting as a wave
> file to be burned to a...
Forum: Pro Audio April 29th 19, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 397
Posted By Phil W
Best digital music recording program

makolber:
> On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 10:57:58 PM UTC-4, Les Cargill wrote:
>
>> > Try N Track studio
>> >
>> > https://ntrack.com/digital-audio-workstation.php
>> >
>> > I like the spectrum...
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 19, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 40
Posted By Phil W
Always wanted to try a Mac.

26.04.2019 14:41 geoff:
> On 26/04/2019 11:12 PM, Bill wrote:
>

>> He still seems besotted with the Mac - he keeps referring to one
>> publisher who has encouraged the move - in spite of my...
Forum: Pro Audio February 13th 19, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil W
VOXENGO all VST Plugins (PC) | 55,3 MB

:

> just re post it

just do it right and PAY for it, if you want to use it
Forum: Pro Audio December 22nd 18, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By Phil W
Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate

:

> Yes exactly thats i would have done on a professional level. But now i
> have to play with whats provided to me.
.. mp4 made of a shaky cellphone camera .. however with...
Forum: Pro Audio December 19th 18, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By Phil W
Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate

>:

>> Thanx .. downloading now .. help appreciated (Y)
> Just checked .. it doesnt have batch processing feature Sir

Sooo, learn how to use command line - instead of...
Forum: Pro Audio December 18th 18, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By Phil W
Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate

>:

> On *Tuesday, 22 February 2011 21:39:04 UTC+5 * , Valerian Kadyshev wrote:

>> Hi, audio professionals!

> Link is invalid dear..

The whole post is almost 8 years old!...
Forum: Pro Audio September 13th 18, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By Phil W
Windows Media Player .mp2 files time readout

Bill:

> The countdown timer does work here in both VLC and Windows Media Player on
> the files I've created, and I haven't yet managed to get hold of one of
> the files that showed him the...
Forum: Pro Audio August 6th 18, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 56
Posted By Phil W
Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Huge difference? No?

Trevor:
> On 6/08/2018 2:04 AM, John Williamson wrote:
Forum: Pro Audio March 21st 18, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Phil W
Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

"John Doe" >:

> FWIW... Before upgrading my main monitor last week, I tried the
> built-in speakers and did not notice the noise. But difficult to
> hear anything on those...
Forum: Pro Audio March 16th 18, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 45
Posted By Phil W
Replacing a Car Radio

"JBI":
> On 03/16/2018 12:04 AM, geoff wrote:
>> On 16/03/2018 9:58 AM, JBI wrote:
>>>
>>> I think if I ever got into this business for anyone other than myself,
>>> the first thing I'd go for is...
Forum: Pro Audio March 11th 18, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil W
stopping "pop" in new set up?

"JBI" >:

> Good thing they're not because I have forgotten to turn the strip off
> first a couple of times when powering down the laptop and got the pops.
> :(.

DonĀ“t worry! Every...
Forum: Pro Audio February 28th 18, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil W
one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

"PStamler" :

> For the .wav files and .mp3s, just double-clicking on the file name should
> play it back, I presume via Windows Media Player. Flac files are a
> different kettle of fish; for them...
Forum: Pro Audio February 27th 18, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil W
one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

"Jason Standard":

> I have a situation where I have large numbers of audio files (wav, flac,
> mp3) stored in various folders on several hard drives. Although I can do
> Win search and bring up...
Forum: Pro Audio February 27th 18, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil W
one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

>:
>
>> Any advice for a possible program that would do what I'm asking would be
>> welcome. I just want to one click and briefly hear each file no matter
>> where found and...
Forum: Pro Audio February 11th 18, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 115
Posted By Phil W
Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

Unsteadyken:
> says...
>> First the keyboard in
>> > question had a SLIGHT BIT OF *NOISE* WHEN THE MIXER GAIN STAGING WAS
>> > CRANKED.
>>

> Why have you got the input...
Forum: Pro Audio January 17th 18, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 58
Posted By Phil W
Getting more punch from heavily distorted guitars?

"polymod":
> "Les Cargill" wrote in message ...
>
> <snip>
>
> You don't have to use amp sims any more, at least not with VST. There is
> a free convolution VST -...
Forum: Pro Audio October 16th 17, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 55
Posted By Phil W
What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

"Geoff":

> If you wanted to you could try it for free and find out (more intuitive
> for starters). But you don't want to, so don't.
>
> What is it that you are actually wanting to ask or...
Forum: Pro Audio June 6th 17, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 15
Posted By Phil W
Amplify in Audacity

Trevor:
> On 5/06/2017 11:53 PM, wrote:
>
>>> One thing I like about Audacity, is its ability to plot a frequency
>>> spectrum.
>>
>> if you like spectral plots, take a look at...
Forum: Pro Audio May 19th 17, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 35
Posted By Phil W
XY->MS what happened to the room ambience?

geoff2:
> On 19/05/2017 11:02 PM, wrote:
>> geoff wrote: "Everybody can safely simply ignore None's rants,"
>>
>> Aside geoff: Can you provide examples
>> of alleged "false...
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 17, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By Phil W
Interesting What You Hear in This Recording

> > wrote:
>>p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.
>
> You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
> here and all you did...
Forum: Pro Audio February 15th 17, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil W
How much is live?

"geoff":

> Just watched another "Later - With Jools Holland' , and that's
> definitely all live. And great musicianship. And nice mics. And
> fantastic production. And a wide variety of...
Forum: Pro Audio July 13th 16, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 40
Posted By Phil W
Sound Forge Pro

geoff: