Search: Posts made by: Bob F
Forum: High End Audio November 2nd 18, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
Pioneer Elite SC63 AV receiver - getting analog inputs to work

On 10/30/2018 4:01 AM, Bob F wrote:
> I just got this used receiver, and am trying to get it to work with the
> analog inputs connected to my PC, and a DVI-HDMI cable from my PC
> feeding the HDMI...
Forum: Tech November 2nd 18, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
Trying to use Pioneer SC-63 AV receiver with PC DVI to HDMI cableand RCA audio input

On 10/29/2018 10:03 PM, Bob F wrote:
> I just got this used Elite SC-63 and am trying to hook it up to my HTPC
> which only has DVI video output, but cannot get HDMI video AND analog
> audio from...
Forum: High End Audio October 30th 18, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
Pioneer Elite SC63 AV receiver - getting analog inputs to work with

I just got this used receiver, and am trying to get it to work with the
analog inputs connected to my PC, and a DVI-HDMI cable from my PC
feeding the HDMI video input to play videos from my...
Forum: Tech October 30th 18, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
Trying to use Pioneer SC-63 AV receiver with PC DVI to HDMI cable andRCA audio input

I just got this used Elite SC-63 and am trying to hook it up to my HTPC
which only has DVI video output, but cannot get HDMI video AND analog
audio from the PC to both work at the same time. I am...
Forum: Tech November 8th 17, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
Allied Radio Corporation

On 11/7/2017 11:04 AM, wrote:
> I came across a check from the company for thirty one cents is it worth anything now do you no or know how I can find out

Your bank may...
Forum: Car Audio August 12th 14, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
FOR SALE!

wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 May 1996 09:00:00 UTC+2, Zuazua wrote:
>> I HAVE 3 PIONEER 12'S FOR SALE MODEL # TS-W302C IF YOU ARE INTERESED
>> PLEASE REPLY.
>> I HAVE ONLY TWO...
Forum: Tech May 8th 13, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 34
Posted By Bob F
Is this really what you'd expect from an audio balun

Don Pearce wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Tech May 6th 13, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech

Jon Elson wrote:
> Bob F wrote:
>
>> The schematic here seems completely wrong to me.
>>
> http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/ProductData/Spec%20Sheets/50-7725.pdf
>>

> This datasheet shows it...
Forum: Tech May 6th 13, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Don Pearce wrote:
> On Mon, 6 May 2013 07:08:15 -0700, "Bob F" >
> wrote:
>
>> Don Pearce wrote:

Forum: Tech May 6th 13, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
> I was going to get involved in this conversation, but have decided
> not to. All I know is that the schematics don't make much sense
> (primarily because there doesn't...
Forum: Tech May 6th 13, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Don Pearce wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Tech May 6th 13, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Don Pearce wrote:
> On Sun, 05 May 2013 23:04:35 -0700, isw > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> (Don Pearce) wrote:
>>
>>> On...
Forum: Tech May 5th 13, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Don Pearce wrote:
> On Sun, 5 May 2013 09:44:40 -0700, "Bob F" >
> wrote:
>
>> The schematic here seems completely wrong to me.
Forum: Tech May 5th 13, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 34
Posted By Bob F
Is this really what you'd expect from an audio balun

The schematic here seems completely wrong to...
Forum: Car Audio May 3rd 13, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob F
using a car radio inside my house

jbclem wrote:
> I like the idea of using a computer power supply, and I have several
> used ones around. And thinking about the 12v limitation, I've run my
> car radio many times with the voltage...
Forum: Car Audio November 18th 12, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11

jbclem wrote:
> I live in a bad FM reception area and I've noticed that my Blaupundt
> Tucson (in my car) gets much better reception than my portable Tecsun
> DSP radio. I'd like to hook up a Tucson...
Forum: Pro Audio September 26th 11, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob F
RTF / Zappa Seattle FOH

Charles Tomaras wrote:
> On the off chance that the FOH mixer for the Return to Forever /
> Zappa plays Zappa concert last night in Seattle sees this or someone
> shows it to him...
> WHY SO...
Forum: Car Audio June 26th 11, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob F
What rattles in '94 Caravavn tailgate from speaker Bass.

Bob F wrote:
> I just replaces the tailgate 6x9's, with Infinity's with stronger
> bass. The door rattles madly with high volume bass. Does anyone have
> specifics ideas of what rattles and how to...
Forum: High End Audio January 18th 11, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 84
Posted By Bob F
$6800 Audioquest cables

C. Leeds wrote:

>> I likewise feel it's my duty to tell people
>> less technically schooled than I am that fancy cables are snake oil,
>> and that they're wasting their money by buying them.

Forum: Car Audio February 16th 10, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob F
60 HZ hum on AM car radio near powerlines - any ideas

Mike S. wrote:
> In article >,
> Bob F > wrote:
>> I've tried connecting ground wires to the body from the antenna
>> shield near the...
Forum: Car Audio January 27th 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob F
60 HZ hum on AM car radio near powerlines - any ideas

I've tried connecting ground wires to the body from the antenna shield near the
radio, or the metal cap/nut that tightens the antenna into the body, with no
affect. I still get real obnoxious hum...
Forum: Car Audio October 16th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines

I am not sure how I can better describe the noise. The signal has an additional
modulation by the 60 Hz, distorting the AM audio. You can hear the background 60
Hz, and the audio warbles with...
Forum: Car Audio October 16th 09, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines

The noise only occurs when I am driving near power lines. It varies as the lines
nearby change. When there is no powerline close to the road, there is no
problem. The distortion/modulation is bad...
Forum: Car Audio October 14th 09, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob F
60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines

I recently acquired a 1994 Dodge Caravan with a pioneer supertuner AM/FM radio.
It has bad problems on an AM staion I listen to whenever I am near powerlines.
There is a 60 Hz hum that modulates...