Search: Posts made by: MOSFET
Forum: Car Audio November 26th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 3
Posted By MOSFET
I'm turning 43 in two hours.......that bites!!

Thank you.
Nick

"Ignoramus30118" > wrote in message
> On 2009-11-16, MOSFET > wrote:
Forum: Car Audio November 16th 09, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 3
Posted By MOSFET
I'm turning 43 in two hours.......that bites!!

I remember discovering Usenet groups when I was in my mid twenties. RAC was
one of the first groups I subscribed to using good old Free Agent back then
(remember that app.?), and under several...
Forum: Car Audio October 28th 09, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By MOSFET
Clarification....

I haven't done a whole lot of research regarding the nature of dark matter.
I DO know that a major proportion of all matter in the universe is composed
of dark matter. The existance of dark matter,...
Forum: Car Audio October 28th 09, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By MOSFET
Clarification....

Now that's a new approach to this mystery. Whenever I have thought of
gravity, I have always imagined objects being DRAWN together, whether by a
warping of space time or an emitting of an...
Forum: Car Audio October 26th 09, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 8
Posted By MOSFET
As if anyone gives a rip.....

It turns out the problem was simply the running lights were on and the
switch is somewhat hidden. They stay on even when the main headlight/fog
light switch is off or the car is turned off.

In...
Forum: Car Audio October 24th 09, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By MOSFET
Clarification....

That's......ah......a lot of peas.
MOSFET

"GregS" > wrote in message
> In article...
Forum: Car Audio October 21st 09, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By MOSFET
Clarification....

It's true, Einstein originally postulated via his Unified Field Theory that
gravity SHOULD be a form of electromagnatism. But as stated in my previous
post, no connection has yet been...
Forum: Car Audio October 21st 09, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 11
Posted By MOSFET
SOOOOO off the subject....

This issue has confused and dumbfounded physists for decades now.
Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity as I mentioned before states that
gravity is a warping of space/time causing all matter to...
Forum: Car Audio October 15th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 6
Posted By MOSFET
60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines

First off, Greg knows much more about EE matters than I so I defer any and
all questions of a technical nature to him.

HOWEVER, that being said, I DO know that your car's engine (alternator,
sparg...
Forum: Car Audio October 14th 09, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 8
Posted By MOSFET
OK, need help from the car electrical gurus.....

LOL That made Tina laugh. Although I know you're an ass and didn't mean it
in any cordial, joking, friendly way AT ALL, it was funny none the less.

MOSFET

"Captain_Howdy" > wrote in...
Forum: Car Audio October 14th 09, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 2
Posted By MOSFET
Shallow Head Unit

"Shallow Head Unit"

You know, when I first read that I imagined a head unit that could only play
MP3's about Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or who Paris Hilton is dating at the
moment.

Wrong kind of shallow...
Forum: Car Audio September 15th 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By MOSFET
Seperates in general.....

I have used MANY different models of seperates as my front stage over the
last 20 years. I have used Boston Accoustic Pro series, MB Quart Refference
Premium series, JL seperates, Alpine Type R...
Forum: Car Audio September 14th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 16
Posted By MOSFET
WAY, WAY off the topic question regarding turntables.....

I, as well, happen to own three sets of phones. A Grado 220 (a $200 set of
headphones), a Koss over-the-ear model k/6ALC, and the Sound Candy's top of
the line over-the-ear (I am a BIG fan of over...
Forum: Car Audio September 14th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 16
Posted By MOSFET
WAY, WAY off the topic question regarding turntables.....

I will get a record clamp. I didn't post it but a couple months ago I got a
new belt, one designed SPECIFICALLY for this table, not a generic Technics
belt designed for MANY models as there are...
Forum: Car Audio September 10th 09, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 0
Posted By MOSFET
Interesting Editorial in the new Crutchfield Catalog....

I just recieved the new Crutchfield catalog in the mail and Bill
Crutchfield, as usual, has a small piece he writes at the begginging. He
says "We're Putting the Focus Back On Sound" and goes on...
Forum: Car Audio September 10th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By MOSFET
the best amps

> Yes, and Bose makes the best speakers ever!

Oh, so true. What's that saying? The best highs, the best lows, must be
Bose. I think that's how it goes.

MOSFET
Forum: Car Audio September 10th 09, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 8
Posted By MOSFET
Thanks Guys....

I'll check those out. Thank you for the help. I can always count on this
group!

Nick

"e-nigma" > wrote in message...
Forum: Car Audio September 8th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 8
Posted By MOSFET
OK, need help from the car electrical gurus.....

As many of my questions to this group often are, this doesn't exactly have
anything to do with car audio. HOWEVER, I happen to know many of you know
TONS about a car's electrical system. More...
Forum: Car Audio September 8th 09, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By MOSFET
the best amps

> JD
> it's bobwa dropping in from the last century

Bobwa. Isn't that the stuff cattle ranchers use for fencing?

Sorry, couldn't help it. Old "Southern Accent" joke.

MOSFET
Forum: Car Audio September 8th 09, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.car
Replies: 7
Posted By MOSFET
the best amps

OR......
A Gremlin or Pinto? Hmmmm......

You know Bob, after all these years (and you have been around a while) I
still HONESTLY don't know if you are just plain..........gosh..........how...
Forum: Tech September 8th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By MOSFET
I gots to have my bass but dey say NO

ahhhhhhh.....
Thanks John
MOSFET

"John Durbin" > wrote in message
> the sound of your posts hitting the killfile...
>
> JD

Forum: Car Audio September 8th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By MOSFET
I gots to have my bass but dey say NO

ahhhhhhh.....
Thanks John
MOSFET

"John Durbin" > wrote in message
> the sound of your posts hitting the killfile...
>
> JD

Forum: Tech September 5th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By MOSFET
I gots to have my bass but dey say NO

OK, Rich, call me Internet illiterate, but what exactly does "plonk"
signify. And I'm CERTAINLY not asking this with any rancor or annamosity,
I'm truly simply curious as I may use it myself...
Forum: Tech August 25th 09, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By MOSFET
I need car boom now how?

Man, a whole lot things comes to my mind when I read your message. First,
slang and other poor grammer is not exactly what we encourage around here.

But the biggest issue is your desire to bug...
Forum: Car Audio August 25th 09, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.audio.car,rec.audio.tech