Search: Posts made by: Scott Dorsey
Forum: Pro Audio December 7th 18, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Is Jensen Transformer gone?

Les Cargill > wrote:
>It seems their website no longer loads.

Their website is hosted by hopone.com, which appears to be down.
Call them on the phone.

"C'est un...
Forum: Pro Audio November 16th 18, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 183
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp?

> wrote:
>
>All true(except the starved plate bit)but I don't care. I use my ears. I do=
>n't give a rat's arse if it is a "true" tube pre or the tubes are a distort=
>ion stage...
Forum: Pro Audio November 15th 18, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:

>Which is a "solid -state mic preamp with starved-plate tube FX".

Well, maybe. It's more like the Aphex "Reflected Plate Amplifier" than
a typical...
Forum: Pro Audio November 14th 18, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 183
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp?

> wrote:
>In case anyone else stumble across this thread I will say...Scott Dorsey is=
> full of ****e! The ART Pro MPAII is a fantastic, mic preamp with full volt=
>age going to...
Forum: Pro Audio November 13th 18, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Ethan Winer's Null Tester

Ralph Barone > wrote:
>Right. And I think that's where Ethan's video may have missed the mark. By
>not saying "there ARE applications where use of different cables may result
>in...
Forum: Pro Audio November 13th 18, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Ethan Winer's Null Tester

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:

>For a while, the audiophools were hawking the benefits of using 300 ohm
>twin lead (old school TV antenna cable) as...
Forum: Pro Audio November 13th 18, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Ethan Winer's Null Tester

Ty Ford > wrote:
>As I've mentioned before, pre 2000, myself and two other recording type fou=
>nd differences in mic cables at Flite Three in Baltimore. GAC-3, Belden (do=
>n't...
Forum: Pro Audio November 13th 18, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Ethan Winer's Null Tester

geoff > wrote:

>As I've mentioned before,once upon a time I did a (single)blind
>experiment with Monster and several other 'esoteric' brand interconnects
>at -10dBV...
Forum: Pro Audio November 13th 18, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Dorsey
2018 AES Show Report

Wow, you are fast, Mike. I didn't even have the film processed by the time
you posted your report. Here's mine, finally:
https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/2018-aes-convention/

No...
Forum: Pro Audio November 3rd 18, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Old Mackie CR 1604 vlz .... ribbon cable problems?

Phil Allison > wrote:
>Mike Rivers wrote:
>
>> Mackie did have a ribbon cable problem at one time and they were sending
>> out replacement cables, but I don't believe the...
Forum: Pro Audio October 28th 18, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott Dorsey
repairing connector on shure super 55

In article >,
> wrote:
>Hello, i have the same problem, How did you loose the spring from the cartridge?

Nobody even...
Forum: Pro Audio October 20th 18, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Mara Machines

In article >,
> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote: "The JH-110 is a decent broadcast-grade machine, but really.
>--scott"...
Forum: Pro Audio October 20th 18, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Mara Machines

mcp6453 > wrote:
>I've always wanted a rebuilt ATR-102 to transfer all of my reels, but
>the $10K price tag is hard to swallow. Now there's an option at half the
>price: The Mara...
Forum: Pro Audio October 15th 18, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Questions About the Event TR5 Schematic

>> My sig gen signal only appeared before R20, and on the output pin 1.
>>
>> I recall learning about virtual ground in this topology.
>
> ** Yes, that is what you had.

Think about it this way....
Forum: Pro Audio October 15th 18, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Mic recording app w/ full screen meters

> wrote:
>My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding I created to all who have rea=
>d/replied to my post. I use the term "app" in my verbage exclusively to ref=
>er to software...
Forum: Pro Audio October 15th 18, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 26
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Bourns Pot Shafts Not Long Enough!

In article >, Paul > wrote:

>https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ92tHCnEf-oAB8GWPwOrB3dcJM1p_f8ftS6OknNGiz_quRoJu2nQ

Forum: Pro Audio October 14th 18, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Mic recording app w/ full screen meters

> wrote:
>I have looked through several sound recording apps but can't find one w the=
> feature I need: show a recording signal meter full-screen or darn close so=
> it can be seen...
Forum: Pro Audio October 14th 18, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Paul > wrote:
> No, you are misunderstand the situation.
>
> With the wiper and shaft taken off, there are two traces on...
Forum: Pro Audio October 13th 18, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Paul > wrote:
> Ok, it turns out the wiper fingers are not at fault: The
>center pin trace is not connected to the center...
Forum: Pro Audio October 13th 18, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Paul > wrote:
> "Rebuilding" as in trying to fix the original pot?
>
> Ok, I've cracked it open. There are two fingers for the...
Forum: Pro Audio October 13th 18, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Paul > wrote:
>What to do? Maybe I could cut off the tip of the
>original shaft, and just epoxy it onto the new one?

Epoxy won't...
Forum: Pro Audio October 12th 18, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 37
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

> wrote:
>Paul wrote: "
> "Reference" monitors, are supposed to have a frequency
>response that is more "flat", or neutral, than your average consumer
>grade speakers,...
Forum: Pro Audio October 12th 18, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Paul > wrote:
>On 10/12/2018 11:46 AM, wrote:
>> Mike Rivers wrote: "If you have them, and if you like how music...
Forum: Pro Audio October 12th 18, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Replacement Board for Event Electronics Tuned Reference MonitorTR-5?