Search: Posts made by: Dieter Britz[_3_]
Forum: Tech October 20th 20, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
No sound

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:01:09 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:

> I get no sound on my Thinkpad running under Kubuntu when I try to play
> an mp3 file, both with Amarok and Audacity.
> I suspect it's some...
Forum: Tech October 20th 20, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
No sound

I get no sound on my Thinkpad running under Kubuntu when
I try to play an mp3 file, both with Amarok and Audacity.
I suspect it's some system setting. Any ideas?

The sound system does work, for...
Forum: Tech January 5th 20, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
Concatenating mp3 files

On Sat, 04 Jan 2020 15:27:41 -0800, Dave Platt wrote:

> In article >,
> Dieter Britz > wrote:
>>I use Audacity and want to concatenate mp3 files...
Forum: Tech January 4th 20, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
Concatenating mp3 files

I use Audacity and want to concatenate mp3 files with it.
There are instructions for that - import the (e.g. two)
files, click on the second, CTRL C, go to the end of file 1
and CTRL V, and export...
Forum: Tech December 1st 13, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
Chaining mp3 files

I have almost come to grips with Audacity and my Behringer
UCA 122. I digitised both sides of a cassette, using the pause
button in between, but it ended up only keeping the second side.
I work...
Forum: Tech November 26th 13, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
Digitiser

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:58:46 -0700, isw wrote:

> In article >,
> Dieter Britz > wrote:
>
>> I have bought a Behringer UCA 122 audio...
Forum: Tech August 26th 13, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
Digitiser

I have bought a Behringer UCA 122 audio digitiser,
nice little gadget. I connected it to my PC and it
spent some time installing - something - which however
didn't appear on the screen as an icon. A...
Forum: Tech January 25th 13, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
AUdio to mp3

I have a number of grammophone records, cassette tapes and minidisks that
I want to encode into mp3. I bought a cheap gadget from Amazon that did
the trick, but it stopped working, displaying "nil"...
Forum: Tech September 29th 11, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dieter Britz[_3_]
MD to mp3?

I have a number of old minidisks and want to convert the music on them into
mp3. MDs are digital, so it ought to be possible to retain the digital form
and "just" convert that, rather than go through...