Forum: Pro Audio May 20th 20, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Radio processing

John Williamson wrote:

>Yes, you are coming from your usual starting point of profound
>ignorance about all matters relating to sound reproduction.
__________
Only an audiophile would think that...
Forum: Pro Audio May 20th 20, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Radio processing

John Williamson wrote:

>Lossy data compression and digital transmission can and
>does cause many artifacts, including "nasty and tizzy" ones
>as well as burbling mud and other problems when the...
Forum: Pro Audio May 20th 20, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Radio processing

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>My first guess is that they are getting the audio over to the
>other site through some lossy-compressed mechanism.
>If they have internet codecs used for live remotes, that...
Forum: Pro Audio May 5th 20, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
NVIDIA RTX Voice demo [ NSFW]

geoff wrote:

>If you listen to Faux News those bizarre random
>inane noises ARE the news.

>geoff

________
Unfortnately Faux - and all the others, carry this particular noise almost
Forum: Pro Audio May 4th 20, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
NVIDIA RTX Voice demo [ NSFW]

The flangey effect might be coming from the process of suppressing the
leafblower noise. Kind like in the aquarium. Every evening I hear noises
on the news I wish this product would work on.
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 20, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless phones?

geoff wrote:
>35 v. 38 is neither here nor there.

_________
Always a contrary word... You never change, geoff!
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 20, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless phones?

geoff wrote:
>Dunno - have got the M40s. Probably pretty accurate description of the
>M50s though, but by no means is it extreme. M50Xs less scooped.

>But is that the *only* difference with the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 24th 20, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless phones?

Mike Rivers: Audio Technica Headphones

At the AES last fall I heard some commentary regarding both flavors of
ATH-M50 headphone, and the ATH-M40. Slightly "V-shaped" sound from
the former, and...
Forum: Pro Audio April 23rd 20, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
A little on-topic humour

Tobiah wrote:

>You guys are butchering these jokes.

________
Meaning?
Forum: Pro Audio April 22nd 20, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
A little on-topic humour

geoff:

#6 rings sadly true!

#7 Love the Peart Kit!
Forum: Pro Audio March 14th 20, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Knock Knock!

Agent Orange

Why geoff, why?!? :D
Forum: Pro Audio March 13th 20, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Knock Knock!

Mike Rivers wrote:

>Newbies don't want to read newsgroups or forums,
>they want to see a how-to-to-it video.

In most cases for me, written instructions are easier to follow
than a video.

Being...
Forum: Pro Audio March 13th 20, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Knock Knock!

Mike Rivers:

cough-cough! Shivers...
Forum: Tech March 3rd 20, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
"AT-360" Mixer Amp

geoff wrote:

>Some OEM maybe - or a small manufacturer.

>Certainly not Audio Technica !

>geoff

_________
Forum: Tech February 28th 20, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
"AT-360" Mixer Amp

Any ideas on who manufactures/ed this...
Forum: Pro Audio February 24th 20, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

John Williamson:

But this sounds like recorded evidence of something. To be used
in a legal matter.

Although, the pocket DAT audio recorded by a patron inside that
RI nightclub seventeen years ago...
Forum: Pro Audio February 24th 20, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

Mike Rivers wrote:

>It needs better mic placement

Any mic placement is better than what aounds like banging around
in someone's pants pocket, or inside a book bag!
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

geoff wrote:

>Compressed files, as in ZIP, FLAC, etc do not involve any data reduction
>whatsoever.

>geoff

I will still use 'data reduction' to describe them, because too many idiots out there...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

Cat got your tongue, Scottso? :D
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>The thing is, the nonlinear encoding used by ADPCM isn't
>really either of those things.

Then what is it?? Come on, I'm black & white here, no time
for fuzziness, lol!
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
LAME conversion to MP3

Trevor wrote:

>I'm sure you know this, but the old compression Vs compression Vs
>compression linguistic problem raises it's head once again.

That's why, in both professional and layman...
Forum: Pro Audio February 14th 20, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
low bass (was: Loudness wars revisited)

hinz wrote:

>True Colours by Phil Collins

For me there is only one True Colours: Cindi Lauper's original!
Forum: Pro Audio February 13th 20, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loudness wars revisited

geoff wrote:

>My question is was that OTT bass intended to be heard as such, or
>mastered that way in an effort to get 'good' bass on lesser replay
>systems ? And the overall loudness thing, well...
Forum: Pro Audio February 13th 20, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loudness wars revisited

geoff wrote:

>My question is was that OTT bass intended to be heard as such, or
>mastered that way in an effort to get 'good' bass on lesser replay
>systems ? And the overall loudness thing, well...
Forum: Pro Audio January 13th 20, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By [email protected]
converting WAV file to MP3

John Williamson:

So 'capital WAV' link, according to inspection, telling players it's a video when it's not! smh