Search: Posts made by: Phil Allison[_4_]
Forum: Pro Audio November 30th 19, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Whirlwind cables ?

geoff wrote:

-------------

> Are Whirlwind mic cables supposed to be any good ? A client has some
> that the sheath appears to have gone slack on, with twist of the
> internal pair clearly...
Forum: Pro Audio November 30th 19, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Input transformer for Spectra Sonics 101 preamp

wrote:

-------------------------

> > ** Bull****, it ain't the same card.
> >
> > An input tranny that gave 10dB more gain would reduce the impedance
> > to 60 ohms....
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rick Ruskin wrote:

-----------------

> Phil Allison

> > ** We talking about the same manufacturer who sold thousand of
> > cheap and nasty, 19inch rack mount, stereo power amplifiers
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

---------------------

> >As far as I know, the 101 was used as the front end on all
> >Spectra sonics consoles until the 110 came along.
>
> It was. It was also used as...
Forum: Pro Audio November 29th 19, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rick Ruskin wrote:

-------------------

> >No, because the input impedance on those is already 600 ohms. It is
> >dominated by the emitter resistor on Q1. If you put a step-up transformer
Forum: Pro Audio November 26th 19, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Rhiannon & Blue Wind live

Hi to all,

things are sleepy here again you might like to view a couple of live music vids by famous people.

First up is Fleetwood Mac, live on some TV show doing "Rhiannon" not long after the...
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Amp for Subwoofer

John Williamson wrote:

----------------------

> What power is the speaker rated at? I used to have a subwoofer that was
> rated at 300 watts RMS, 1200 watts peak. At 8 ohms, that is just under...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff wrote:

--------------

> > ** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?
> >
> > FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??
> >
> > Right next to the 100-240V spec...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff the blind ****head wrote:

------------------------------

> >> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> >> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but...
Forum: Pro Audio November 12th 19, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

geoff wrote:
------------

> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
> the listing.
Forum: Pro Audio November 11th 19, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Hello and help

jtees4 wrote:

--------------

> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
> folks will know the answer.
> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will...
Forum: Pro Audio November 10th 19, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Adding Multiple Absorption Coefficients

Sean B wrote:

-------------

> So let's say I have two different acoustic absorbers covering most of the area of a room,

** What area is that?

All six surfaces with two independent...
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
overvoltage on audio circuits - Noname.jpg (0/1)

Scott Dorsey wrote:
---------------------

> >> 4. All the GkTB equations we were forced to memorize in school are useful at
> >> RF but not useful in a mismatched low frequency world.
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Mystery man Revealed

wrote:

----------------------

" Nasty little ****, whatever the fact. "

I could not have been more correct about this egomaniac asshole.

Hell hath no fury like a charlatan scorned.
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

-------------------------

> > Too much for you puny brain ?

> >> There you go again. What's the deal?
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
-------------------

> Phil is known to have some odd notions about noise,

*** Nah, that is not one tiny bit true.

> but I am assuming that
> we can all agree on the same...
Forum: Pro Audio November 7th 19, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Mystery man Revealed

Hi,

a poster using " j... @mich.com " has been annoying me with drivel for a few days. These are my last words to him:

" ** You are a lying idiot.

Forum: Pro Audio November 6th 19, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

---------------------

> This is widely known. It is also widely known that it is difficult
> to specify a NF for an amplifier,

** Not true.
Forum: Pro Audio November 6th 19, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Comparing two audio interace mice pre's for self noise.

wrote:

--------------------------

> Preamps often have 1/F noise not white noise so the majority of
> the noise power you will read on a flat meter will be low freq,
> which will...
Forum: Pro Audio November 6th 19, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah is a LYINGgPiece of **** wrote:

> >> I've been on this list for 20 years or so and never had a
> >> complaint.

Forum: Pro Audio November 6th 19, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
overvoltage on audio circuits

wrote:

------------------

Bewa this troll is e REAL lunatic

> Please go into this in greater detail. My understanding is that when
> using amplifiers, especially audio, the...
Forum: Pro Audio November 5th 19, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah the Nut Case wrote:

----------------------------

> > FFS stop feeing this seriously demented "Tobia" troll.
> > You are totally ****ing wasting both your and our time.
>

> I'm sorry that...
Forum: Pro Audio November 4th 19, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
overvoltage on audio circuits

wrote:

---------------------

**This raving nutter needs dealing with.

> >** Whatever name you give it, the noise is essentially white and
> so rises with frequency being...
Forum: Pro Audio November 4th 19, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 29
Posted By Phil Allison[_4_]
Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

John Williamson wrote:

> It was probably shot using a single camera on 16mm or, just
> possibly, 35mm film.

** Yes, I checked and the very first colour VTR for pro...
Forum: Pro Audio November 4th 19, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro