Search: Posts made by: Peter Wieck[_2_]
Forum: Vacuum Tubes March 18th 19, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
OT - But Relevant: Bug Zappers

Now that Spring is about to Spring in 2.2 days, and given that other-than-cats subjects are fair game; Please look at the information below. Please note that songbirds, bats and vast sections of our...
Forum: High End Audio March 4th 19, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 30
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
More than 30W per chanel Class A transistor amps

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 2:33:50 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Most amplifiers that employ crappy power supplies, yes. The Krell
> KSA50 is not such an amplifier. It's CONTINUOUS power...
Forum: High End Audio March 4th 19, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 30
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
More than 30W per chanel Class A transistor amps

It's only money: http://www.avalondesign.com/pdfs/hr_AvalonLit_PRECOMPCHARTnew.pdf

Or, not so...
Forum: High End Audio March 4th 19, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9:59:57 AM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:

> Aha, this is an argument for active pre-amps. Passive pre-amps presumably all have no gain.

Correct. Passive pre-amps are no more...
Forum: High End Audio March 4th 19, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 7:21:11 PM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:

> Everyone says that I should try it with am Audio Research valve pre -- but how can this possibly be an improvement over no pre at...
Forum: High End Audio February 26th 19, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Musical Fidelity X10-D

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:18:47 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Lipstick on a pig. The X-10D is a con-job.

You are being far to kind!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Forum: High End Audio February 19th 19, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Is it a good idea to get old SS amplifiers serviced if they still work?

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 3:32:25 PM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:
> Does the sound quality deteriorate as the capacitors deteriorate? Do properly restored amps sound better?
>
> Is an...
Forum: High End Audio February 18th 19, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Horizontal vs. Vertical bi-amping

LOTS of Kool-Aid being dispensed here. But lets look at a little bit of the=
math, if possible. Not knowing whether these assumptions are true or not, =
let's just put them out the

1) Bi-Amping...
Forum: High End Audio February 8th 19, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 9:43:50 AM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:
> No, they’re very rare in the UK and Europe I think. Import charges are probably prohibitive for importing from...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes February 8th 19, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
What company made the best vintage Test Equipment?

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:02:01 PM UTC-5, Roger Kulp wrote:
> While we are on this subject,can anybody recommend somebody who could repair or restore a nonworking tube tester?

It very much...
Forum: High End Audio February 7th 19, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 3:05:59 PM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:

> I've decided to take a Electrocompaniet ECI-2 on a trial, it's not pure class A but I'll give it a go. The JR149s are by no...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes January 31st 19, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Wanted: Heathkit AA-32 assembly manual

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:54:34 PM UTC-5, Paul Babiak wrote:
> As per subject. Please email if you have one available.
>
> soundtech AT teksavvy DOT com
>
> Thanks!

You will have to...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes January 4th 19, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 6:43:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Geez, he writes a LOT like Oldstuff....... WITH LOTS OF CAPS and asking lots of INANE QUESTIONS..... Maybe it's time to...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 28th 18, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 25
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Tube mono-block amp with SIX 6L6 outut tubes

RCA Theater amps back in the day used between two and six 6L6 tubes depending on the required function. They were all monoblocks, sometimes from a common power-supply. Towards the end of their...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 28th 18, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
The most important tubes ever made.....

Not hardly.

The most important tube ever made, very likely, was the 200-series Directy Heated Triode. With which one may duplicate pretty much any function at pretty much any level of pretty much...
Forum: High End Audio December 27th 18, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Let's talk about Vertical Traking Angle (VTA)

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:40:08 AM UTC-5, SuperKrundaal wrote:
> Hi, I'm planning to buy a new Nagano cartridge for my Thorens TD160 turntable. So, let's solve the VTA question: as starting...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 18th 18, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Fisher 200A Monoblocks

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 11:59:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Hello all I have one available looks to be in good shape please contact me by text if you have interest 626 4847992 ...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 17th 18, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Looking for links and order info for PARTS

http://www.oldradioparts.net/

Mark Oppat is the proprietor of this site, with his lovely wife, Leann.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Forum: High End Audio December 7th 18, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
HDMI in-ports vs HDMI out-ports (possibly related to damaged

This creature is a troll. Don't feed the troll.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 3rd 18, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Anyone know where to find a Crosley Model 23 Dial Cord diagram

http://www.nucow.com/alldial.htm

Same answer.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Forum: High End Audio November 26th 18, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
I just am not satisfied

Guys and gals:

The OP is a person-of-strong-opinion. Nothing wrong with that, but if the starting point is "stage equipment", that puts a specific slant on what is being represented herein.

Back...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes November 26th 18, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
What is the 6 volt equivalant to a 35L6 or 50L6?

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 1:43:10 PM UTC-5, MarkS wrote:

> 6W6GT is a direct equivalent exc heater voltage. However, this thing draws 1.2A at 6.3v. At tube like the aforementioned 6F6 or the...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes November 20th 18, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:34:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I want to convert a hot chassis radio-amp to run on a power transformer.
> All other tubes are 12v filament. (except...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes November 19th 18, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Apropos Actual Use of Tube Equipment

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 3:59:54 PM UTC-4, Peter Wieck wrote:
> In my travels, I have accumulated a variety of vintage Dynaco stuff, pretty much untouched since-found. These include:

Forum: Vacuum Tubes October 31st 18, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Wieck[_2_]
Apropos Actual Use of Tube Equipment

In my travels, I have accumulated a variety of vintage Dynaco stuff, pretty much untouched since-found. These include:

Dynaco PAS3X
" FM3
" ST35

I had done the basic restoration on the 35...