Forum: Pro Audio July 8th 19, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

geoff wrote: "
> Hey, Noone might be extreme, but he does share the sentiments of most here I'm sure - that it is bizarre
> that of anybody, you should be trying to explain anything to do with...
Forum: Pro Audio July 8th 19, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

geoff wrote: "
Hey, Noone might be extreme, but he does share the sentiments of most here I'm sure - that it is bizarre
that of anybody, you should be trying to explain anything to do with recording...
Forum: Pro Audio July 7th 19, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

Ty Ford wrote: "Off your meds again, I see. Sorry. "

Ty - Do NOT respond to IT!
Forum: Pro Audio July 7th 19, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

John Williamson:

I was just explaining to Ty that data-compression
does not affect dynamics of music. It does, however,
add some metallic swirlies at the lower rates you
mentioned.
Forum: Pro Audio July 6th 19, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

Ty Ford wrote: "I'm guessing that the new stuff you hear streaming has been processed and data
reduced to stream. That may explain its flatness. "

Digital, streaming(unless at dial up speeds) do...
Forum: Pro Audio July 5th 19, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

Bill wrote: "en to the old stuff on disk, but hear
the newer stuff via internet radio. I don't think the difference is the
fault of Optimod, though (if that is used on the internet feed),"

I...
Forum: Pro Audio July 2nd 19, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Before I spend too much...

Ty Ford: "de-finger-squeak"

I'm sure you've made lots of audiophiles
extremely happy - and have disappointed
a lot of purists - including the one who is
typing this. ;)
Forum: Pro Audio June 28th 19, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What went wrong during the DEM debates

Interesting how the mic "malfunction" occurred
just as the topic was turning to firearms and
gun control.

Sound crew have views too!
Forum: Tech June 12th 19, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Dietl on Central Park

Chuck wrote: "He talking about the Central Park Five. What that has to do with
repairing audio equipment I'll leave to your imagination. "

Quite simple - it was intended for another...
Forum: Tech June 11th 19, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Dietl on Central Park

As I am typing and listening, it sounds as though Bo
is disappointed that the rape could no longer be
pinned on black individuals.

"This stupid Reyes" confessed to the crime.

As though he crashed...
Forum: Tech June 8th 19, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

For the last month, the music has been all clipped and distorted.

Apparently they upgraded our MIR(My Instore Radio) receiver again,
but this time it's output at such a high level that it's...
Forum: Pro Audio June 5th 19, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
music ID recommendations?

geoff wrote: "Maybe post a link to a sample song and I'll give it a try.

Shazam analyses the actual melody (+ ???) rather than needing lyrics.

geoff "

I've had days where neither Shazam or Sound...
Forum: Pro Audio May 29th 19, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Audible Difference Between Monitors

geoff:

You two don't even trust the measurements/meters
on a DAW in front of you, let alone "published specs".
Forum: Pro Audio May 29th 19, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Audible Difference Between Monitors

Phil Allison wrote: "** Sounds dangerously close to audiophool nonsense that insist ears are better
then any test gear and everything makes an audible difference. "

Careful.... Mssrs. geoff, Mike...
Forum: Pro Audio May 26th 19, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Conn tuner

MiNe109:

Thanks! Clears everything up. I will definitely read that
manual and study the history of Conn Corpp.
Forum: Pro Audio May 26th 19, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Conn tuner

geoff:

Is "Conn" the brand name? I cannot seem to
find out anything about them on the internet
when I Googled the term.
Forum: Pro Audio May 21st 19, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

skybu wrote "Yes good spot, I ment VLC Media Player... gjez never knew those letters have to be
swapped like that =D "

It's something in the water and the air.. I do
that all the time! smh
Forum: Pro Audio May 21st 19, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

James Price wrote: "
Given that the books' intended audience is intermediate to advanced-level
recording engineers, do you really think Ethan used "bit depth" because
he felt his readers were...
Forum: Pro Audio May 19th 19, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

geoff wrote:
"And anyway, everybody knows that all tyres should be inflated to within
0.5% of the maximum spec at all time, eh. Just like audio.

geoff"

I hope by that statement you're being...
Forum: Pro Audio May 18th 19, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

Scott Dorsey wrote: "
I wouldn't go that far. It is a synonym for word length and makes reasonable
enough sense."

Thank you!!
Forum: Pro Audio May 18th 19, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

Scott Dorsey wrote: "Mike doesn't like the phrase because, really, it -is- just a
made-up marketing word"

To Rivers everything is a "marketing word". He doesn't even think it's
necessary to adhere...
Forum: Pro Audio May 18th 19, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

Mike Rivers: ""Bit depth" is a meaningless term..."

WHY are terms that nearly everyone else in this industry uses
considered "meaningless" among you guys?? And bit
depth is not the only such word...
Forum: Pro Audio May 18th 19, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

Ohh come on - don't let the bully crap on and shut down
another good thread!!
Forum: Pro Audio May 17th 19, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

geoff wrote: "Bit depth of the sample. Pretty straightforward. What a limited
understanding-depth your cats have.

geoff "

I've read up on the fundamentals of digital audio on many websites,...
Forum: Pro Audio May 17th 19, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

John Williamson: "sample depth"..??

First time I ever head of that. Are you sure you
didn't mean BIT depth? Even my cats know what
that is lol!