Search: Posts made by: John Williamson
Forum: Pro Audio December 10th 19, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By John Williamson
AudioSlave/Chris Cornell Live sounds terrible

On 10/12/2019 12:21, wrote:
> People who obsess over how "old" a thread or post is have
> some serious personal issues.

It is an easy mistake to make when the luser is...
Forum: Pro Audio November 21st 19, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By John Williamson
Amp for Subwoofer

On 21/11/2019 18:02, Bob Simon wrote:
> I have some spare audio components and plan to modify a stereo system for biamp operation to add a subwoofer. The room is 22ā€™ x 24ā€™ and the existing amp...
Forum: Pro Audio November 4th 19, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 29
Posted By John Williamson
Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

On 04/11/2019 02:05, Brassplyer wrote:

> I'm making an observation - they're obviously actually singing and playing, the VU meter is moving. Could be they're recording even if it's not what's being...
Forum: Pro Audio November 3rd 19, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/11/2019 19:07, Mike Rivers wrote:

> Now here's on that's definitely live, and Mary does a better job that I
> expected keeping up with Les.

Forum: Pro Audio November 2nd 19, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 02/11/2019 05:15, Brassplyer wrote:
> Does this look to you like the audio is the performance the film is showing? Do the mics look like what would have been used at the time? I sense a shot or...
Forum: Pro Audio October 28th 19, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By John Williamson
Better bandwidth than USB-2?

On 28/10/2019 19:50, Tobiah wrote:

> I use synths and samplers, and sometimes monitor a guitar through
> a VST effect, etc. That's what the emphasis on latency is all about.
> When I can, I use the...
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By John Williamson
Ground Loop

On 27/10/2019 22:09, Phil Allison wrote:

> For the curious - it involves fitting a 25amp bridge in series with the safety ground conductor. This allow the item to float up to a volt or so above...
Forum: Pro Audio October 27th 19, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By John Williamson
Ground Loop

On 27/10/2019 05:26, Phil Allison wrote:
> geoff wrote:
>> You must have missed the bit "My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a video
>> monitor only" !
>>

> ** Nup, a TV set can be a monitor with a...
Forum: Pro Audio October 19th 19, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By John Williamson
Why don't these signals null?

On 19/10/2019 14:22, James Price wrote:

> The recordings weren't played by a human twice. A 10 sec. *recording* of a
> guitar DI was played into an amp/cab twice, consecutively, one after the
Forum: Pro Audio October 18th 19, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By John Williamson
Why don't these signals null?

On 18/10/2019 17:24, James Price wrote:

> These were short (approx. 10 seconds), close-miked recordings, recorded
> in two passes, back-to-back using the same mic, through the same cab and fed
> a...
Forum: Pro Audio October 17th 19, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By John Williamson
Why don't these signals null?

On 17/10/2019 19:01, James Price wrote:
> I'm talking about re-amping the part using a looper in order to
> eliminate any inconsistencies that would normally occur when playing the
> part...
Forum: Pro Audio October 17th 19, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By John Williamson
Why don't these signals null?

On 17/10/2019 06:51, James Price wrote:
> Let's say I record a DI guitar part into a looper, then re-amp that looped part and record the output twice to separate tracks in a DAW, time-align them and...
Forum: Pro Audio September 30th 19, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By John Williamson
Cleanest track ever ?

On 30/09/2019 16:02, Phil Allison wrote:
<Honey, Don't, by the Beatles>

> An enthusiastic comment I remember well was:
>
> " ... **** those guys are tight ! "

After playing together for so long,...
Forum: Pro Audio September 6th 19, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By John Williamson
They don't make it like they used to ...

On 06/09/2019 12:59, geoff wrote:

> At best (or worst) the demonstrated image shows something moderately
> peak-limited. The peak limiting in that image is nothing close to what
> could be described...
Forum: Pro Audio September 6th 19, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By John Williamson
Roland SP-808 GrooveSampler Outputs NO Sound

On 06/09/2019 04:43, Paul wrote:
> There's no sound coming from the pads on this drum machine.
>
> I was not able to eject the 100 Meg Zip drive, until I
> removed a loose spring in the drive. But I...
Forum: Pro Audio September 6th 19, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 06/09/2019 01:13, wrote:
> geoff wrote: "
> A song with a degree of hard limiting on peaks. Not hyper-compressed.
> Impossible to tell if any clipping.
>
> Sorry to bully...
Forum: Pro Audio September 5th 19, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 05/09/2019 11:35, wrote:
> Unlike most moderated forums, this newsgeoup is populated
> largely by bullies(Williamson, geoff, Trevor) unwilling to share
> information, or why...
Forum: Pro Audio September 5th 19, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 05/09/2019 10:42, wrote:

> Stupid is as stupid judges!

No, stupid is a stupid does. You continually demonstrate an
unwillingness or inability to learn.

--
Tciao for...
Forum: Pro Audio September 4th 19, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 04/09/2019 04:46, Michael Beacom wrote:
> My Zoom H4n died, Iā€™m looking for a roughly equivalent replacement.
> If I were king, it would be a Sound Devices MixPre-10 II. Sadly, I'm
> not, and...
Forum: Pro Audio September 2nd 19, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By John Williamson
Recording from Rec Out

On 02/09/2019 22:34, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> You can put a microphone on stage to record ambient sound, and then record
> that next to the PA feed, and mix the two after the fact to get a reasonable
Forum: Pro Audio August 29th 19, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By John Williamson
*tap tap*

On 29/08/2019 17:52, Tobiah wrote:
> Is this thing on?

Nope. HTH.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Forum: Pro Audio August 5th 19, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By John Williamson
Treble in recordings

On 05/08/2019 15:58, Ralph Barone wrote:
> John Williamson > wrote:

>> For some reason, record companies tend not to leave their masters lying
>> round on the...
Forum: Pro Audio August 5th 19, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By John Williamson
Treble in recordings

On 05/08/2019 12:23, wrote:
> Do you know of any examples you can list here, that I can check out?

Not unless you have access to the master tape archives at a studio and
the...
Forum: Pro Audio August 4th 19, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By John Williamson
Treble in recordings

On 04/08/2019 15:33, wrote:
> "However remasters done after mid-2000s or so are generally
> much much better.
>
> geoff"
>
> Subjectively better, I suppose.

Substitute "Are a...
Forum: Pro Audio August 2nd 19, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 28
Posted By John Williamson
Anyone have a Schematic for a Fender Acoustasonic 90?