Search: Posts made by: gareth magennis
Forum: Pro Audio October 29th 19, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By gareth magennis
overvoltage on audio circuits

Hi Geoff,

the psu modules are off the shelf and these adjust between 21v and 28 or something, can't remember.
I just postulated that these may be 24v based supplies with adjustment.
Rather than...
Forum: Pro Audio October 28th 19, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By gareth magennis
overvoltage on audio circuits

Turns out that although the output buffer pcb (not SSL) has the 21v on its op-amps, all the SSL circuitry is somehow protected and is running at just over 19v, which makes me feel a lot...
Forum: Pro Audio October 26th 19, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By gareth magennis
overvoltage on audio circuits

Well I haven't scoped the supply as yet but will certainly do so.

Just stuck 20 ohms on each leg to find out what it might do, before connecting any module, and didn't like the overvoltage....
Forum: Pro Audio October 25th 19, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By gareth magennis
overvoltage on audio circuits

OK, thanks Phil and Scott, I somehow thought 21v would be a bigger problem that it apparently is.

Gareth.
Forum: Pro Audio October 24th 19, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 42
Posted By gareth magennis
overvoltage on audio circuits

Hi,

I have here a batch of SSL channel strips rack mounted.
The regulated PSU that came with them is marked +-18v but actually produces +- 21v with a 1A quick test load, with the adustment pots at...
Forum: Pro Audio June 14th 19, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By gareth magennis
Capstan motor info

Hi,

I have here a tape echo, Evans super echo SE-810, with a non working capstan
motor.

Can't find any schematics for this, so am looking for generic info what this
motor and driver circuit might...
Forum: Pro Audio March 12th 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By gareth magennis
Percy Bear 12C / AKG C12

Looking for interesting info on this mic, Percy Bear 12C.

Seems to have the brass AKG C12 capsule, which needs re-skinning.

I understand the electronics are half of an AKG C24 but not...
Forum: Pro Audio September 28th 18, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By gareth magennis
Soundfield microphone connector

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 4:14:32 PM UTC+1, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> gareth magennis > wrote:
> >
> >is the 12-way connector system on the Soundfieled SPS422 an off...
Forum: Pro Audio September 28th 18, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By gareth magennis
Soundfield microphone connector

Hi,

is the 12-way connector system on the Soundfieled SPS422 an off the shelf item?
I need to replace a female line connector on the mic cable.

Chassis socket is shown on page 10 of the user manual...
Forum: Pro Audio September 9th 18, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 274
Posted By gareth magennis
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

wrote in message

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 2:20:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Anybody having same problems with Behringer...
Forum: Pro Audio August 22nd 18, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By gareth magennis
recovering crashed mp3 recording

So, I recorded direct to USB stick a live event over 3 days.
Yamaha QL5 recording a 192kHz mp3.

First day fine, second and third days threw up 3, maybe 4 errors saying
problem with recording,...
Forum: Pro Audio July 28th 18, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By gareth magennis
Ampex ATR100 operating issues

Oh, forgot, I also bought the equally expensive Sony DAT torque tape.

That was a good buy.

Not sure where that might be now, presumed missing.

Gareth.
Forum: Pro Audio July 26th 18, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By gareth magennis
Ampex ATR100 operating issues

>I have carried out the tension arm checks as stipulated in the manual, they
>all check out fine.

Does this include all the servo adjustments or did you just check the arms
with the...
Forum: Pro Audio July 25th 18, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By gareth magennis
Ampex ATR100 operating issues

Hi,

quick question.

I have an Ampex ATR100 here that when you rewind a full reel, the machine
does not brake the supply wheel once the tape runs out.
Leaving a full reel at full velocity flapping...
Forum: Pro Audio July 18th 18, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By gareth magennis
Ampex ATR100 repair

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

Gareth Magennis > wrote:

>how do you get the input/output modules out of the rack above the...
Forum: Pro Audio July 11th 18, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Gareth Magennis > wrote:

>how do you get the input/output modules out of the rack above the...
Forum: Pro Audio July 11th 18, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By gareth magennis
Ampex ATR100 repair

Hi,

how do you get the input/output modules out of the rack above the machine?

Normally I can work these things out.

https://atrservice.com/ampex-atr-100-series/
Forum: Pro Audio January 25th 18, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By gareth magennis
Midas M32 USB stick recording glitch

Oops, not 24/96, 24/44.1, Tascam soundcard.

Gareth.
Forum: Pro Audio January 24th 18, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 24
Posted By gareth magennis
Midas M32 USB stick recording glitch

Moved to a new venue with a Midas M32R.
Recorded the show to USB stick.

WAV's have finite size limits, I am used to dealing with more than 1
sequential 4Gb WAV's recorded on my laptop, and...
Forum: Pro Audio May 30th 17, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By gareth magennis
New vacuum tube

Korg are making a dual triode low voltage tube.

Wonder if it is any good.

http://korgnutube.com/en/

Gareth.
Forum: Pro Audio March 29th 17, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 46
Posted By gareth magennis
Earplugs

Hi,

so, some customers are asking for earplugs at a live event. (sometimes
including children)
As sound engineer, I feel it is my duty to do what I can and provide them
when requested.

What...
Forum: Pro Audio February 16th 17, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Posted By gareth magennis
Behringer B212XL

"Paul" wrote in message...
Forum: Pro Audio February 16th 17, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By gareth magennis
How much is live?

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...

"mcp6453" wrote in message

On 2/15/2017 7:33 AM, Nil wrote:
Forum: Pro Audio February 15th 17, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By gareth magennis
How much is live?

"mcp6453" wrote in message

On 2/15/2017 7:33 AM, Nil wrote:
> mcp6453 > Wrote in message:

Forum: Pro Audio February 10th 17, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 116
Posted By gareth magennis
Recommend a Replacement Speaker for JBL Control 12SR?

"Paul" wrote in message ...

12" Woofer cone distorts badly, due to torn paper
cone:

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/Control_12sr.pdf

I believe...