Search: Posts made by: R. L. Drake
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By R. L. Drake
Audio filtering (was: Best equipment for stealth recording of voice (not music))

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 17:32:52 +0200, Boris Lau wrote:

> I'm not him, but you could try for example Audacity:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net
>
> It's a free program for editing audio files, in the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:15:08 -0700, Richard Crowley wrote:

> You can do it for free (or close to free) on your computer.
> Try it and see how helpful it is. Don't set your expectations
> too...
Forum: Pro Audio April 7th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 9
Posted By R. L. Drake
Audio filtering (was: Best equipment for stealth recording of voice (not music))

This is related to the other query I posted several days ago regarding
"electronic note taking" at meetings using a digital voice recorder and
Radio Shack microphone.

My main problem is that usually...
Forum: Pro Audio April 3rd 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By R. L. Drake
Best equipment for stealth recording for voice (not music)

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:37:07 -0400, DC wrote:

> You're a real charmer.

Hi, DC. Well, I try to be. I guess I'm unclear on the implication. I
use technology to try to help myself compensate for...
Forum: Pro Audio April 3rd 07, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 09:35:08 -0700, Richard Crowley wrote:

> There are microphones made for inconspicuous (and even
> invisible) use by the people who do sound for film & TV.
> They hang out at...
Forum: Pro Audio April 3rd 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:06:24 -0700, Mike Rivers wrote:

> The other approach is simply to take the bull by the horms, set a
> microphone up in the middle of the table and say that you need to
Forum: Pro Audio April 3rd 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:10:11 -0400, Soundhaspriority wrote:

> I suggest an assistive listening device:
Forum: Pro Audio April 3rd 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 18
Posted By R. L. Drake
Best equipment for stealth recording for voice (not music)

This may be slightly off topic for this newsgroup, and if so I apologize
and ask if any of you can direct me to a more appropriate newsgroup.

I usually wear a wire when I go to business meetings and...