Search: Posts made by: John Williamson
Forum: Pro Audio March 3rd 21, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 11
Posted By John Williamson
Recording In Progress

On 03/03/2021 20:10, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> > wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021...
Forum: Pro Audio March 3rd 21, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 11
Posted By John Williamson
Recording In Progress

On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> > wrote:
>
>> Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime....
Forum: Pro Audio February 28th 21, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 113
Posted By John Williamson
Pultec EQP clone problem

On 28/02/2021 09:46, wrote:

> Along with all the other smelly, know nothing, usenet rodents.
>
> **** off.

Genuine question. If your opinion of us is so low, why in heaven do...
Forum: Pro Audio February 26th 21, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By John Williamson
Broadcasting Q? Announcing The Time On The Radio

On 26/02/2021 15:34, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Local radio does still exist in some places but it's much more common to
> get stuff off the bird with local announcements inserted off mp3 files.

That...
Forum: Pro Audio February 15th 21, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By John Williamson
Subwoofers! Etc.

On 15/02/2021 12:26, wrote:

> What do you use you blend it in so the sound is seamless? An equaliaer? The sub controls?

Level controls in the main speaker amps and the sub, parametric...
Forum: Pro Audio February 12th 21, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By John Williamson
Subwoofers! Etc.

On 12/02/2021 14:44, Don Pearce wrote:

> If the sub is good (not just a cinema boom box) and properly
> integrated, you won't be aware that it is there - until you turn it
> off and something goes...
Forum: Pro Audio February 11th 21, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By John Williamson
Where does the hum come from?

On 11/02/2021 11:29, Don Pearce wrote:

> When he shouted at me in his last post he said that everything was
> disconnected, I quote
>
> "Obviously "the DAC having its own wall plug ground" has...
Forum: Pro Audio February 11th 21, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam
Replies: 33
Posted By John Williamson
Where does the hum come from?

On 11/02/2021 09:58, Don Pearce wrote:

> Here's the problem. Your description is confused and confusing. You
> talk about speaker wire when you mean phono cable. And why are you
> talking about a...
Forum: Pro Audio February 9th 21, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam
Replies: 33
Posted By John Williamson
Where does the hum come from?

On 09/02/2021 17:36, John Doe wrote:
> Depreciated?

Nope. Deprecated, depreciated means something entirely different.

The definitions of both words are in all good dictionaries. Is English,
be...
Forum: Pro Audio February 9th 21, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam
Replies: 33
Posted By John Williamson
Where does the hum come from?

Also, top posting is deprecated on usenet.

--
Tciao for Now!
Forum: Pro Audio February 9th 21, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam

On 09/02/2021 16:50, John Doe wrote:
> Please don't do hard drugs and post at the same time...

Those of us that are familiar with and use professional audio equipment
have no trouble understanding...
Forum: Pro Audio February 9th 21, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 33
Posted By John Williamson
Where does the hum come from?

On 09/02/2021 15:40, Don Pearce wrote:

> Why are you plugging a speaker wire into a DAC? Speakers are plugged
> into amplifiers. Are you saying that your system hums, and if you
> unplug the...
Forum: Pro Audio February 3rd 21, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 91
Posted By John Williamson
Subwoofers! Etc.

On 03/02/2021 14:33, Ty Ford wrote:
> Hi,

> So, how do we feel about subs?

Fun at home, essential when mixing.

A pair of 8 inch, 100 Watts each Wharfedale Active Diamonds and a 600
Watt sub do a...
Forum: Pro Audio January 28th 21, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By John Williamson
Who likes buskers ?

On 28/01/2021 12:50, wrote:
A load of tripe.
> ..... Phil

Please, for all our sakes, go and take your medicine, this is getting
boring.

--
Tciao for Now!
Forum: Pro Audio January 28th 21, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/01/2021 11:09, wrote:
> John Williamson Pompous Asshole wrote:
> ==================================
> >
>> If she had been singing in tune and on the beat, it would have...
Forum: Pro Audio January 28th 21, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By John Williamson
Who likes buskers ?

On 27/01/2021 21:28, wrote:
> Dumb Pearce wrote:
>
> ==================.
>>

>> Typical stage school kid .....
>>

> ** Yawnnnnnn....
Forum: Pro Audio January 26th 21, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 19
Posted By John Williamson
Who likes buskers ?

On 26/01/2021 16:59, polymod wrote:

> I provided no links in my reply. Only link here is from the original
> poster.

Bear in mind you are responding to one who has repeatedly proven here
that he,...
Forum: Pro Audio January 23rd 21, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By John Williamson
Question About Organ Service Manual Test Procedure

On 23/01/2021 08:24, Paul Dorman wrote:
> In the electrical test and adjustment procedure, this organ service
> manual asks for an "Audio VTVM", to measure Tibia or Bourdon
> channel levels, to meter...
Forum: Pro Audio January 15th 21, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 13
Posted By John Williamson
Silly Question: Can an 8 Ohm Speaker on a 16 Ohm Output of a TubeAmp, Blow out the Main Fuse?

On 15/01/2021 15:40, Mike Rivers wrote:

> Highly unlikely, but you should connect the speaker to the 8 Ohm output
> and then figure out why the fuse blew.
>
> Did you replace the fuse and the...
Forum: Pro Audio January 2nd 21, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 02/01/2021 16:43, Paul Dorman wrote:
> Just listen to live concerts on YouTube, using a good
> set of studio monitors, or headphones.
>
> You'll be able to easily tell if the recording...
Forum: Pro Audio January 2nd 21, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 02/01/2021 01:44, Paul Dorman wrote:
> Dude, YouTube audio is good enough! Especially through
> good headphones!

Good enough for some, maybe, but have you ever compared an item you...
Forum: Pro Audio January 1st 21, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 01/01/2021 17:58, Paul Dorman wrote:

> I don't see the big secret of capsule construction, other than
> having a 2 micron accurate lathe.

If it's so easy, then why aren't you selling...
Forum: Pro Audio January 1st 21, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 01/01/2021 16:06, John Williamson wrote:
> On 01/01/2021 15:58, Paul Dorman wrote:
>> On 1/1/2021 8:14 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>>> They don't need to measure the tension because the tension is...
Forum: Pro Audio January 1st 21, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 01/01/2021 16:00, Paul Dorman wrote:
> On 1/1/2021 8:08 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> It's very easy to make a microphone capsule, it's very hard to make a
>> good
>> one.
>
> I don't see why...
Forum: Pro Audio January 1st 21, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 82
Posted By John Williamson
Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit