Search: Posts made by: Ed Presson[_2_]
Forum: High End Audio September 6th 18, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 6
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
I just am not satisfied

"Dave" wrote in message ...

>Glass tubes are also made of sand, probably why tubes are supposed to have
>a warm, beachy sound.

If two or three or more decades...
Forum: High End Audio March 16th 18, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Definitive's Music Matters

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message ...

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 11:55:53 AM UTC-4, Ed Presson wrote:

> I hope this answers your question.

Thank you - it...
Forum: High End Audio March 15th 18, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Definitive's Music Matters

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message ...

I am not being the slightest bit snarky when I ask this:

Unless your interest is purely social, and purely for being around...
Forum: High End Audio March 14th 18, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Definitive's Music Matters

wrote in message ...

On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:49:47 AM UTC-8, Ed Presson wrote:
> Anyone planning to attend Definitive's "Music Matters" demonstration...
Forum: High End Audio March 5th 18, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Definitive's Music Matters

Anyone planning to attend Definitive's "Music Matters" demonstration fest
in Seattle this Thursday evening?

Ed Presson
Forum: High End Audio February 22nd 18, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 5
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Apple HomePod measurements

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message ...

Electronics are seldom at issue when reproducing sound, much to the chagrin
of their manufacturers who would love to...
Forum: High End Audio May 30th 17, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Carver quality SUCKS!

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 11:58:56 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Hello Jim , I too have a CT-17 with the same...
Forum: High End Audio April 5th 17, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 7:53:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Presson wrote:
> Did any RAHE contributors (besides me) attend Definitive...
Forum: High End Audio April 3rd 17, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Music Matters

Did any RAHE contributors (besides me) attend Definitive Audio's "Music
Matters" evening of high-end audio demonstrations (held in Seattle)? I'd be
curious about your reactions to
the...
Forum: High End Audio March 13th 17, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Electrostatics, anyone?

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 8:20:12 AM UTC-5, Greg Berchin wrote:

> Perhaps. But audiophiles are often willing to go to...
Forum: High End Audio March 4th 17, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Electrostatics, anyone?

My first good stereo speakers were the original Quad Electrostatic
Loudspeakers. I thought they were remarkable,
despite the lack of any really deep bass and some rolled-off highs. On
voice, they...
Forum: High End Audio February 23rd 17, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
OK - A Small Survey

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message ...

>a) How many here actually have used a soldering iron on their own
>electronics in cold blood?

>b) How many here can read...
Forum: High End Audio February 15th 17, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 38
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
The end of R.A.H-E

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 5:58:16 PM UTC-5, John Stone wrote:
> On 2/14/17, 9:11 AM, in article...
Forum: High End Audio February 14th 17, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 38
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
The end of R.A.H-E

"Art Shapiro" wrote in message ...

>On 2/10/2017 2:39 PM, RAHE Moderator wrote:
>
>> Please let me know what you all think.
>
>RAHE used to be a great and...
Forum: High End Audio November 28th 16, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Happy listening

I just wanted to wish good listening to those out there who still listen to
as good a system as they
can muster and care about good sound.
Classical music is my favorite, and I'm listening to the...
Forum: High End Audio December 31st 13, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 25
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
How pure is the signal when it reaches our ears?

"ST" wrote in message ...

Recently, I saw an oscilloscope screen capture of digital and vinyl signal
in a forum. The vinyl signal as expected was wobbling and...
Forum: High End Audio November 5th 13, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Martin Logan CLX

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message ...

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:57:00 PM UTC-7, Ed Presson wrote:

> Does anyone know of a dealer on the west coast that has a...
Forum: High End Audio November 3rd 13, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Martin Logan CLX

Does anyone know of a dealer on the west coast that has a CLX in the store
that I can hear? I tried visiting the M-L website, but could not find a
direct answer there....and did not find an email...
Forum: High End Audio October 26th 13, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
The Quad ESL 57

>This post is not so much to dismiss my opinion as it is to solicitate
>yours. Specifically, in the context of the >complete listening experience
>have you found any loudspeaker before or after...
Forum: High End Audio December 23rd 11, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 12
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
SACD recommendation

Thanks for your comments and explanations.

I've been listening to the Oppo BDP-95 quite a bit since I have a seven-day
full return policy from the dealer-I want to explore all the aspects of the...
Forum: High End Audio December 21st 11, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 12
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
SACD recommendation

[ Some reformatting was done on this message in order to
ensure proper quoting. Please use the standard quoting
technique consistently. -- dsr ]

"Edmund" wrote...
Forum: High End Audio December 16th 11, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 12
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
SACD recommendation

My Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD changer has decided to read only SACDs, and balks
on CDs (skips, stops dead, or won't read at all). It looks like I can ship
it off to Sony for repair for a minimum fee of...
Forum: High End Audio January 19th 11, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 12
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
The venerable Quad Esl (57)

"Dick Pierce" > wrote in message
> On 1/19/2011 12:17 PM, wrote:
>> Just went on youtube, searched Quad esl, clicked...
Forum: High End Audio August 11th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 25
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Listening Area Choice

> So, the questions: How many of you have a dedicated listening 'room'?
>
> Why?
>
> If not, why not?

Yes, I have a dedicated listening room. Actually, the room (about 15' x
28') has...
Forum: High End Audio July 24th 09, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 18
Posted By Ed Presson[_2_]
Sad News