Search: Posts made by: Scott Dorsey
Forum: Pro Audio May 19th 20, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Radio processing

Tatonik > wrote:
>Yesterday flooding in the Chicago area knocked out power to the Willis
>Tower (née Sears Tower) atop which the broadcast antenna for WFMT 98.7...
Forum: Pro Audio May 11th 20, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Oktava ORTF question

Tatonik > wrote:
>I have an Oktava MK-012 pair that I'd like to use in an ORTF setup. At
>the moment I only have the hypercardioid capsules, not the cardioid....
Forum: Pro Audio May 6th 20, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Virus Isolation Recording

mcp6453 > wrote:
>Here's a recording by The Doobie Brothers ("Black Water"). Was this
>recording made with each person adding his part separately as an
>overdub? With the latency...
Forum: Pro Audio April 27th 20, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 50
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

> wrote:
>I just purchased a Shure 55 Fatboy, not sure when it was manufactured since=
> the written material on the mike is not legible. The exterior is in fanta=
>stic shape and...
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 20, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

geoff > wrote:
>On 26/04/2020 12:57 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> 5ms may be good enough - best try it out. Quite inexpensive ....
>>>
>>> Most regular analogue IEM system...
Forum: Pro Audio April 25th 20, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

geoff > wrote:
>On 23/04/2020 3:48 am, Michael Beacom wrote:
>> On 2020-04-19 16:21:15 +0000, Tobiah said:
>>
>> This YouTube video talks about this very problem:
Forum: Pro Audio April 20th 20, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 27
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Wireless phones?

Ralph Barone > wrote:

>Perhaps a Bluetooth audio receiver coupled to your favourite wired
>headphones (run the cable down your back) might get you good headphone
>quality and...
Forum: Pro Audio April 13th 20, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Dorsey
High pitched noise is affected by mouse movement.

In article >, Tobiah > wrote:
>I'm using a Presonus 1810 as my main interface for Windows 10.
>I hadn't had any problems. Recently (since having to work...
Forum: Pro Audio April 13th 20, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Social Distance Jam App?

In article >, Neil > wrote:

>I recall that a while back (perhaps almost a decade or so) there was a
>live performance by musicians located in...
Forum: Pro Audio February 29th 20, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Dorsey
alexis AD24

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:
>On 2/28/2020 5:55 PM, geoff wrote:
>> Mike - time for a optician visit I think. *A*D 24* ;- )
>
>Did you read what I...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

Andy Burns > wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> since you refuse to explain why you want to do any of this, it's hard
>> to know.
>
>I suspect the answer to that is somewhere...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>>The thing is, the nonlinear encoding used by ADPCM isn't
>>really either of those things.
>
>Then what is it?? Come on, I'm black & white...
Forum: Pro Audio February 23rd 20, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>Trevor wrote:
>>I'm sure you know this, but the old compression Vs compression Vs
>>compression linguistic problem raises it's head once again.
>
>That's why, in...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>On 21 Feb 2020 12:30:08 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>If I were you I'd try to do some processing to improve intelligibility rather
>>than...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>On 21 Feb 2020 12:33:06 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>>I would keep the oriiginal WAV file, but web browsers can't play this
>>>particular type...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

> wrote:
>
>You are correct. The file uses ADPCM compression, I believe, so it is
>not CD quality. It uses a bit depth of 4 bits, which is de-compressed
>when playing to 16...
Forum: Pro Audio February 21st 20, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Replies: 44
Posted By Scott Dorsey
LAME conversion to MP3

If I were you I'd try to do some processing to improve intelligibility rather
than worrying about fidelity. High pass everything below 200 Hz or so,
then low-pass everything above maybe 6KHz, and...
Forum: Pro Audio February 15th 20, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

John Hardy > wrote:

>"Lifetime @ Temp.: 1000 Hrs @ 85°C"
>
>That is the shortest life rating at the lowest temperature I've ever seen!

"The warranty is 90 days. If it...
Forum: Pro Audio February 12th 20, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 17
Posted By Scott Dorsey
Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

> wrote:
>I have an original set of Event 20/20 bas self-powered monitors which start=
>ed making a hum on one side. I removed the amplifier assembly and noticed o=
>ne of the...
Forum: Pro Audio January 30th 20, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Dorsey
National Edgar Allan Poe Theatre On The Air - NPR

Ty Ford > wrote:
>I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX, Foley and Music since the middle of last year.

I saw your writeup in Radio World! ...
Forum: Pro Audio January 29th 20, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 66
Posted By Scott Dorsey
12" passive radiator replacement?

> wrote:
>
>problem with multiple subs is that unless the subs are located right next to each other, there will be areas in the room (or space) with destructive interference and...
Forum: Pro Audio January 28th 20, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:

>20Hz-20kHz +/- 2dB. (whole speaker !)
>Max SPL 112dB
>
>geoff

IT'S A MIRACLE! Someone get the Pope on the phone immediately!
Forum: Pro Audio January 27th 20, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

nickbatz > wrote:
> If the slope of the rolloff is very sharp (sharper than 6dB/octave), they
>> likely were designed to have been used with a subwoofer. They are from that
Forum: Pro Audio January 27th 20, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

nickbatz > wrote:
>> Pretty normal when the T/S parameters aren't suitable for a small box.
>> You often get higher efficiency than a smaller driver, but not
>> necessarily...
Forum: Pro Audio January 24th 20, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro