Search: Posts made by: polymod
Forum: Pro Audio May 16th 20, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

<snippage>

>** I have a *slight* connection with Zappa and the...
Forum: Pro Audio May 15th 20, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

** Much of Zappa's music is intended as humour, sometimes with a sharp
point.

Remember his famous...
Forum: Pro Audio May 14th 20, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

>> Zappa was a huge influence. To this day the best concert I've ever been
> >was his Roxy and...
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"MiNe109" wrote in message ...

On 5/12/20 2:06 PM, polymod wrote:
> Since my piano tuning business is a good 75% commercial
> (schools/churches/studios etc.) I've...
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

** Like the pic of the morning Moon and Venus very much.

Thanks. That was taken from my bedroom.

Poly
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
<snip>

** Like the pic of the morning Moon and Venus very much.

Do I hear a touch of Zappa in the...
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"Ron C" wrote in message

<snip>

>Wow ... interesting and quite frenetic!

Thank you Ron. It truly is a representation of my state. Where I...
Forum: Pro Audio May 13th 20, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
some music

"geoff" wrote in message

<snip>

>Very uplifting. Mucho coffee that morning ?

LOL. My Mom used to call my music "the brass shop at...
Forum: Pro Audio May 12th 20, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 21
Posted By polymod
OT: some music

Since my piano tuning business is a good 75% commercial
(schools/churches/studios etc.) I've had a ton of time to rework and tweak a
bunch of songs since mid March.
262 to be exact. My wife is...
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 20, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By polymod
A little on-topic humour

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

On 4/22/2020 6:48 PM, wrote:
> Tobiah wrote:
>
>> You guys are butchering these jokes.
>
> ________
> Meaning?

Forum: Pro Audio April 21st 20, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By polymod
A little on-topic humour

"geoff" wrote in message

.... or humor if you are American.

https://tinyurl.com/yax34kny

Almost...
Forum: Pro Audio April 20th 20, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 66
Posted By polymod
Fascinating MS

"geoff" wrote in message

On 20/04/2020 5:02 pm, wrote:
> amar

I find the thought of MS rather unpleasant. A...
Forum: Pro Audio April 14th 20, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By polymod
Social Distance Jam App?

"Neil" wrote in message ...

<snip>

Even assessing latency issues requires a bit of technical knowledge. For
many musicians, this will be beyond...
Forum: Pro Audio April 13th 20, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By polymod
Social Distance Jam App?

"Neil" wrote in message ...

<snip>

>The one I was thinking about claimed to be real-time, but who knows?

Hey Neil,
This was a pretty hot topic last week on one of...
Forum: Pro Audio March 24th 20, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
Posted By polymod
Jazz Videos

wrote in message

If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me
(perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route...
Forum: Pro Audio March 5th 20, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By polymod
Is Logic X 10.3 or older totally unavailable?

wrote in message

..

> > Suggestions? Please.

Try N Track Studio on Windows

Forum: Pro Audio January 30th 20, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 3
Posted By polymod
2020 Winter NAMM Show Report

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message ...

My famous show report for the recent NAMM show is posted. As usual, it's
a PDF that you can download and read at your leisure....
Forum: Pro Audio January 7th 20, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 46
Posted By polymod
Recording Bit and Sample Rates

"geoff" wrote in message

44k1/24 if for 'routine' audio end-product.

48k/24 for video.

Or higher sample rate if specially requested.
Forum: Pro Audio December 27th 19, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 12
Posted By polymod
Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

On 12/26/2019 8:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
> I went to play a piano piece tonight, and the sustain pedal wasn't
> working. Yamaha So8 ->...
Forum: Pro Audio November 20th 19, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By polymod
AES Show Report

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

As always....

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/aes-ny-2019/

And as a special bonus, the Capitol...
Forum: Pro Audio September 14th 19, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 47
Posted By polymod
They don't make it like they used to ...

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

<snip>

But it's still pretty amazing to work with some of the eastern European
orchestras. You sit down and hand them charts...
Forum: Pro Audio August 29th 19, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By polymod
*tap tap*

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

>Is this thing on?

It's just a pop screen.
;-)

Poly

---
Forum: Pro Audio June 7th 19, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 6
Posted By polymod
Steinberg UR-RT4 Audio Interface

On 6/6/2019 3:46 PM, Tobiah wrote:
> I've had my eye on this guy: PreSonus Studio 1810

> It seems to have all the right stuff for...
Forum: Pro Audio June 5th 19, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By polymod
music ID recommendations?

Probably a stupid recommendation but...

If you're on Facebook try joining an Italian group and post the songs there.
A quick search on Facebook finds at least two groups dedicated to Italian...
Forum: Pro Audio May 29th 19, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 31
Posted By polymod
Conn tuner

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

<snip>

People don't even agree on temperament. And THEN you get some guy who wants
to play the sitar with the rest of the...