Search: Posts made by: Dave Platt[_2_]
Forum: Tech November 30th 20, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Onkyo Precise Acoustics

>I have some nice speakers made with remnants from Parts Express excess. 8
>inch woofers have a rubbery type surround. Just in the last two years the
>surrounds started breaking what looks like...
Forum: Tech September 2nd 20, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Antenna longer for C. Crane Witness how?

In article >,
inter naughtfull > wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a C. Crane Witness radio. It came with a short wire FM...
Forum: Tech May 26th 20, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Turn MP3 inot CDDA disc

>I have a 2hrs mp3 I want to edit to a 70 minute regular audio CD. I have VLC
>and Windows media player. Sound Rec from MS might edit it if it is a WAV. Is
>CDDA really WAV?

No... but they're...
Forum: Tech May 24th 20, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
So how are podcast bookmarks put into a podcast?

In article >,
Brian Gaff > wrote:

>Many modern podcast clients support chapters/bookmarks in the file, but I've
>not figured out how they put...
Forum: Tech January 5th 20, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Concatenating mp3 files

In article >,
Dieter Britz > wrote:
>I use Audacity and want to concatenate mp3 files with it.
>There are instructions for that - import the...
Forum: Tech August 18th 17, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Tracking Roller for H/K Rabco ST-7 Turntable

In article >,
> wrote:

>Hello Michael,
>
>Just saw your post here.....
>So did you ever get the roller replaced?

The message...
Forum: Vacuum Tubes December 8th 16, 07:55 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 41
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
What is the most powerful audio output tube?

In article >,
Tim Wescott > wrote:

>If you're serious about this, get this book. It'll provide hours of
>drooling entertainment...
Forum: Tech September 10th 15, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Yamaha MX-800u

2butterbeans > wrote:

>I have a Yamaha MX-800u and the power indicator light is getting dim.
>What does that mean? Is the amp getting weak? Or is it just the...
Forum: Tech March 26th 15, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
How to get reverb on vocals while recording?

In article >,
Peibyn > wrote:

>Dave Platt, many thanks! I feel you've understood my situation and as a
>result of what...
Forum: Tech March 24th 15, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech

Peibyn > wrote:

>Would be grateful to hear if technology has come up with new ways of
>adding reverb to...
Forum: Tech February 4th 15, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
Problem Advents

In article >,
> wrote:

>Maybe somebody here might have a usefull suggetion.
>
>I have a pair of Advent Legacy...
Forum: Tech December 10th 14, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.audio.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By Dave Platt[_2_]
What's with all these new SIXohm Stereo Speakers coming out?!