Forum: High End Audio July 9th 20, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Skybuck's Top 35 Synthesizer/Retrowave/DarkSynth/Chip/Glitch Music Recommendations

I just advised this to somebody and I might as well share it with the rest of you/the world ! =D

This is the music I have been listening to for the last 5 years or so on my 7.1 surround sound...
Forum: Pro Audio February 3rd 20, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody interested in Gigaworks S750 subwoofer ?

Hello,

I am willing to sell my broken/dead Gigaworks S750 subwoofer for 25 euro's.

Information about this device is he

http://www.skybuck.org/GigaWorksS750/

Interested buyer will have to pick...
Forum: High End Audio May 8th 19, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Need better FLAC player, fast start, low cpu overhead and good playlist.

I stumbled upon foobar2000.

I am impressed by it.

It's simple and yet powerfull can do all sorts of things, especially via plugins.

It's playlist feature could still be better but for now it's a...
Forum: Pro Audio May 8th 19, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

So as promised let's compare VLC Media player playlist contents with that of foobar2000:

VLC Media Player playlist contents look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist...
Forum: Pro Audio May 8th 19, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

Ok I wanna be fair to VLC Media Player so one more time the walkthrough for foobar2000:

1. Click file

2. Click new playlist

3. Click file

4. Click add folder
Forum: Pro Audio May 8th 19, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 11:37:30 PM UTC+2, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 5/6/2019 5:16 PM, wrote:
> > Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.
> >
> > VCL Media Player's...
Forum: Pro Audio May 8th 19, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

I stumbled upon foobar2000.

I am impressed by it.

It's simple and yet powerfull can do all sorts of things, especially via plugins.

It's playlist feature could still be better but for now it's a...
Forum: High End Audio May 6th 19, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Need better FLAC player, fast start, low cpu overhead and good playlist.

Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

VCL Media Player's playlist feature has all kinds of issues, permission issues, sometimes hard to use... sometimes player lags while playing audio during...
Forum: High End Audio May 6th 19, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
NVIDIA High Definition Audio needs Audio Channel Remapping Tool.

Left speaker had one cable disconnected, this might have been cause, they issue of channels swapped my persist, hope not.

For now experiment is over.

In near future different PC... hope everything...
Forum: Pro Audio May 6th 19, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

VCL Media Player's playlist feature has all kinds of issues, permission issues, sometimes hard to use... sometimes player lags while playing audio during...
Forum: High End Audio May 6th 19, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
NVIDIA High Definition Audio needs Audio Channel Remapping Tool.

I am currently experimenting with:

GT 520 connected to VGA monitor
GT 520 connected to Denon 1909 receiver via HDMI.

Using NVIDIA High Definition Audio with HDMI cable to receiver which supports 7...
Forum: Pro Audio January 5th 19, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:39:57 PM UTC+1, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > wrote:
> >I am now re-installing the creative labs software.
>
> Take a straight .wav file. Play it...
Forum: Pro Audio January 5th 19, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

I did come across audio objects in the registry editor so perhaps a configuration issue is there.

However I also come across some more interesting things:

A guy claiming that this tool might could...
Forum: Pro Audio January 5th 19, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUG BUG !!!

I connected pretty much everything as described he

https://www.creative.com/oem/resources/soundcards/sb046x.pdf

And all connections connected to the proper inputs on the denon receiver 1909.

I...
Forum: Pro Audio January 4th 19, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

I am now re-installing the creative labs software.

First I tried to uninstall as much as possible of creative labs software, had to uninstall twice.

creative labs
soundblaster x-fi

stuff removed...
Forum: Pro Audio January 4th 19, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

Creative Labs has some documentation online about what I and some call the "breakout box". It is also known as "I/O Console"

Page 20 and 21 of this PDF document:...
Forum: Pro Audio January 4th 19, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon 1909Receiver Optical IN not working ?

Hello,

Today I bought an SPDIF-optical/TOS link cable to experiment with soundblaster to receiver audio processing options.

The idea is to use creative labs audio processing from x-fi in...
Forum: Pro Audio December 19th 18, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Ultimate HDMI Cable Noise Test

Hello,

In this HDMI cable noise test the following was done:

PC connected to power box.
Monitor connected to same power box.
Receiver connected to same power box.

Powerbox connected to wall socket...
Forum: Pro Audio December 14th 18, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI (cable?) Noise PROOF (second youtube video)

In this second video I explore the HDMI (cable?) noise by cranking up the volume to max on the denon 1909 receiver.

As far as I am concerned this is now HARD CORE/100% EVIDENCE that something might...
Forum: Pro Audio December 13th 18, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI vs Analog, Slight humming via HDMI

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 2:10:59 PM UTC+1, wrote:
> I found the source of the noise.
>
> I have made a video comparing HDMI vs Analog.

Forum: Pro Audio December 13th 18, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI vs Analog, Slight humming via HDMI

I found the source of the noise.

I have made a video comparing HDMI vs Analog.

https://youtu.be/7vfPUiGABwI

I tried out different settings.

And ultimately at the end of the video different audio...
Forum: Pro Audio December 13th 18, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI vs Analog, Slight humming via HDMI

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today I will go to the repair shop, to tell them the story, and to try and have the DVI monitor repaired.

If it is repaired I will repeat the setup to see if the PC<->receiver...
Forum: High End Audio December 6th 18, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI in-ports vs HDMI out-ports (possibly related to damaged monitor

I am starting to suspect this may have something to do with it:

A quote from somewhere on the web:

"
As it turns out, the signal pin used for HDMI with Ethernet is also used for the HDMI Audio...
Forum: Pro Audio December 6th 18, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI in-ports vs HDMI out-ports (possibly related to damagedmonitor HDMI OUT to OUT)

I am starting to suspect this may have something to do with it:

A quote from somewhere on the web:

"
As it turns out, the signal pin used for HDMI with Ethernet is also used for the HDMI Audio...
Forum: High End Audio December 6th 18, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
HDMI in-ports vs HDMI out-ports (possibly related to damaged monitor

Here is my question:

Why does the Denon A/V Receiver 1909 have a difference in labelling at the back ?

At the back there are 4 HDMI ports, all of same connector type, all female or male... no...