Search: Posts made by: Adrian Tuddenham[_2_]
Forum: Pro Audio July 22nd 20, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 35
Anything to say on Speakons

Mike Rivers > wrote:

> On 7/21/2020 9:43 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote: > You can't daisy-chain XLRs,
> 1/4 phone, Socapex, or Canon P connectors either, > all of which are
> popular for...
Forum: Pro Audio July 17th 20, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 32
How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

geoff > wrote:

> On 16/07/2020 8:53 pm, Don Pearce wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:08:39 -0700 (PDT), James Price
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> How do...
Forum: Pro Audio December 31st 19, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 7
dynamic omni vs condenser for low noise.

Tobiah > wrote:

> It would seem that a dynamic mic has no self-noise, is that so?
> Yet to get the same gain as a condenser one has to crank the gain
> up much more on the dynamic,...
Forum: Pro Audio October 13th 19, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Cat **** on Cables!!?

> wrote:

[///]

> I'm sorry for bumping this old thread,...

It might be interesting to hear other people's experience of unwanted
things turning up in or on their kit. ...
Forum: Pro Audio October 13th 19, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 5
Cat **** on Cables!!?

> wrote:

[...]
> ... when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats
> went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the
> curtains...
Forum: Pro Audio April 26th 19, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 6
repair broadcast distortion?

JBI > wrote:

[...]will be worth it over NR.

> Anyway, I am coming across at least one broadcast message that appears
> to be overmodulated, very similar to clipping in audio.

If the...
Forum: Pro Audio April 12th 19, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 79
Multiple spaces in recordings

Trevor > wrote:

> On 11/04/2019 8:34 am, geoff wrote:
> > Yes sad indeed. And also that many have never heard a purely acoustic
> > performance - without microphones and PA speakers....
Forum: Pro Audio April 10th 19, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey > wrote:

> Adrian Tuddenham > wrote:
> >The encoding is only one link in the chain, how many car radios give an
> >accurate stereo...
Forum: Pro Audio April 10th 19, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:

> On 10/04/2019 4:15 AM, wrote:
> >

> >> Listening on an iPod is hardly a fair way of comparing the accuracy of
> >> stereo...
Forum: Pro Audio April 9th 19, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 79
Multiple spaces in recordings

Forum: Pro Audio March 26th 19, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers > wrote:

> On 3/26/2019 9:33 AM, wrote:
> > there can be "multiple spaces in real life.
> >
> > Again
> > sources close to you lack reverberation.
Forum: Pro Audio March 26th 19, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 79
Multiple spaces in recordings

nickbatz > wrote:

~~~
"... but also didn't have a great answer why (I'm going to say it again)
the human brain accepts multiple spaces on a recording.

And it absolutely does!...
Forum: Pro Audio March 25th 19, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

nickbatz > wrote:

> On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 1:36:46 AM UTC-7, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
>
> > Most listeners hear but don't really listen; they don't try to form a
> > 'sound...
Forum: Pro Audio March 25th 19, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

nickbatz > wrote:

> One of the wonders of audio is that we're able to accept lots of radically
> different spaces in recordings - even acoustic recordings, as opposed to
> pop...
Forum: Pro Audio August 30th 18, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 52
Dynamic Mic Noise

mcp6453 > wrote:

> On 8/29/2018 2:30 PM, PStamler wrote:
> > It sound like your problem is not RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) but
EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) Another...
Forum: Pro Audio January 1st 18, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 72
Headphones to try out under $200?

geoff > wrote:

> On 1/01/2018 3:14 AM, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
>

> > Very often people under pressure to get a job done don't stop to
> > question the details of the...
Forum: Pro Audio December 31st 17, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:

> On 31/12/2017 11:06 PM, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
> > geoff > wrote:

> > [...]

> I find it hard to imagine that professionals...
Forum: Pro Audio December 31st 17, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:

[...]

Les Cargill > wrote:

> Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
> > Les Cargill > wrote:
[...]
> >> Adrian - how do you couple a headphone transducer to a microphone...
Forum: Pro Audio December 30th 17, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro

Les Cargill > wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Pro Audio December 30th 17, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 72
Headphones to try out under $200?

> > What I've tried:
> >
> > In the past I've been pretty happy with AKG K-240 (they fit me fairly
> > comfortably, the sound is pretty "natural" to my ears, not fatiguing)...
> > but they could be...
Forum: Pro Audio July 14th 17, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 22
Comparing mic noise

Don Pearce > wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:45:31 -0400, Mike Rivers >
> >What you want is a specification that says something like "Self-noise:
> >-72...
Forum: Pro Audio June 21st 17, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 41
Live Interview Microphone

Mike Rivers > wrote:

>... would you suggest putting the mic on a stand and
> gaffer-taping the speaker to another stand to keep his head in position

A record company once booked a...
Forum: Pro Audio June 19th 17, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.audio.pro
Replies: 41
Live Interview Microphone