AudioBanter.com

AudioBanter.com (http://www.audiobanter.com/index.php)
-   Car Audio (http://www.audiobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   JVC J-Link pinouts? (http://www.audiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5146)

eug k April 20th 04 01:42 AM

JVC J-Link pinouts?

hi,

Does anyone know the pinouts of JVC's J-Link connector?
JVC wants $107.50 for the KS-U57 line-input adaptor which
really sounds absurd.

Is there a little preamp in the box, or is it there to
make it look expensive? :)

thanks

FL_Transplant July 30th 10 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eug k (Post 24862)
hi,

Does anyone know the pinouts of JVC's J-Link connector?
JVC wants $107.50 for the KS-U57 line-input adaptor which
really sounds absurd.

Is there a little preamp in the box, or is it there to
make it look expensive? :)

thanks
--

Ok, two part answer:
1. I have a 'generic' KS-U57 ($7 on ebay) that has the same black box--except I cracked the black box open and found that it is empty (only contains soldered connections). I imagine that the authentic JVC is the same (as you suggested--allows them to charge 100 times more than it's worth). I experience no engine noise due to the generic KS-U57.

2. There's nothing to the pinout--look 'inside' the connector and you'll see three metal contacts close the metal connector (somewhat similar design as a USB jack). The center is common for the line out, and the left/right are the positive for the left and right channels. The metal connector itself is not part of the circuit.

So if you were connecting RCA jacks to it, the outer ('negative') of both RCAs connects to the center contact on the KS-U57, and the center ('positive,' or 'signal') of the left and right RCAs go to the contacts bracketing the center.
KS-U58 and KS-U57 are wired the same.

krasatos August 9th 11 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FL_Transplant (Post 914296)
[...]

hey, ive been looking around for the pinout of that plug, unfortunately the only place i can find it online mentioned it's here :)

i checked my jvc's back plug and it seems like it has more contacts than the 3 you mention above.

i can see two middle contacts (#7 and 8) the round metal contact (#9)and another 6, (#1-6)...

any chance some1 could explain which ones i could use? (yeah i tried to draw it:p)

cheers

Fieveeldeta September 29th 11 07:05 PM

First, www.audiobanter.com probably isnt the right website to post this. Sorry, but im desperate. You users seem to be proficient with computer related stuff. We have a credit card terminal and everything was working well until we went from time warner cable to DSL. Our credit card terminal now will NOT connect through ethernet..only dial up. We have checked our router that it is plugged into and the port is lit so we know its connected. All of our laptops connect to the web all day long without issues .Anyone have any suggestions!?!? Thanks in advance! http://www.carpet-cleaning-lasvegas.com

Kevin C October 12th 11 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eug k (Post 24862)
hi,

Does anyone know the pinouts of JVC's J-Link connector?
JVC wants $107.50 for the KS-U57 line-input adaptor which
really sounds absurd.

Is there a little preamp in the box, or is it there to
make it look expensive? :)

thanks
--

I`m looking for the Unlink pin outs for Sony to use as aux input.

Could someone help?

hoictiown November 8th 11 04:29 PM

Nice content. Thank you for your information. |goose down parka outlet

filter4ever January 27th 20 05:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by krasatos (Post 936228)
JVC JBus Connector

Female Connector FRONT / MALE Connector Solder Side

1 12V Switched (when headunit is ON)
2 SCK Data Clock Signal (LOW when no data is being transmitted)
3 SI/SO Signal In / Signal Out (Bidirectional Data. LOW when no data is being transmitted
4 R Right Channel (Analog Audio IN)
5 A-GND Signal GND
6 L Left Channel (Analog)
7 GND