AudioBanter.com

AudioBanter.com (http://www.audiobanter.com/index.php)
-   Audio Opinions (http://www.audiobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best amp/speaker system for living room for ipod audio?? (http://www.audiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=137615)

d212 November 21st 12 05:18 AM

Best amp/speaker system for living room for ipod audio??

Hi, I'm looking for a amp+speaker system that would work well in a medium size living room to play from an ipod. I currently use two Bose computer speakers connected to an ipod, but I'd like to do better. I'm looking for a system with good sound, decent enough looks to put on display and enough volume for a party. I could be convinced to spend $1,000-2,000 on the amp/speaker system, but if so, it'd expect it to be absolutely amazing (I think my $100 Bose computer speakers have done just fine so far).

So far I've liked Bel Canto - they're compact, look great, and from what I've read high quality.

I'm curious what other amp/speaker combinations would be good to look at?

Thanks!