AudioBanter

AudioBanter (http://www.audiobanter.com/index.php)
-   Pro Audio (http://www.audiobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Reducing V-sampler latency? (http://www.audiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71378)

Phillip February 7th 06 08:14 PM

Reducing V-sampler latency?

So I just got this Steinway sample for V-sampler....however they is very
noticeable delay from the time I press a key on my keyboard to when the
sound comes out. How can I fix this from happening? I have an Athlon
1700XP, 512 Megs Ram, Windows 2000, Sonar 4 PE.

--

Phillip S.
~Pilot, Aircraft Dispatcher, and Audio Newbie Extraordinaire!

Tom Frank February 8th 06 06:14 PM

Reducing V-sampler latency?

Are you running V-sampler as a plugin in Sonar instead of standalone?
If so, you need to adjust Sonar's latency, and be using a low latency
driver mode--WDM or ASIO. Set your soundcard's audio buffers to a
smaller setting and if using WDM, move the latency slider to a lower
setting.

In my Sonar 4PE (which you mentioned you have) manual, p.637-638 talks
about this. Or look up latency in the help and Audio Options