AudioBanter.com

AudioBanter.com (http://www.audiobanter.com/index.php)
-   Car Audio (http://www.audiobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eclipse CD8443 (http://www.audiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2466)

Bill Pallies September 12th 03 05:06 AM

Eclipse CD8443

I just bought the CD8443 tonight and will probably install it this weekend.
I've got a few questions...

1. There is a module, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, connected to
the rear of the unit. I don't see anywhere in the intruction manual what
this is for. Anyone?

2. There are 4 pairs of RCA connections on the back. Sub, Rear, and Front
plus a "Fixed Out". What's this for? The manual shows it in drawings but
never references it in text.

3. Also, the other 3 pairs are labeled "IN/OUT" implying that they can act
as either pre-outs or inputs. Would these be used to connect some external
sound-processors? Just curious, not gonna ever use these as inputs I'm sure.

I haven't even dropped this unit in yet and I'm already very pleased with
it.

Thanks

-Bill

Bill Pallies September 12th 03 05:40 AM

Eclipse CD8443

One more thing: Thanks, Steve. I guess I just had blinders on when
originally shopping for my HU, never noticing the 8443. I would never have
used the extra features on the 8053 anyway, so you saved me ~$100.

-Bill

.. .

pittwm September 12th 03 01:57 PM

Eclipse CD8443

I have a 8443 installed about 2 weeks ago. FYI, get a timing relay and
delay the amp turn-on about 2 seconds.

There's this turn on thump that many a few of us find with Eclipse 8 V
units. Not a big deal, just thought you might want to know and save you
some time so u don't have to go back and redo the install.
--
pittwm
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=157675

Steve Grauman September 13th 03 06:01 AM

Eclipse CD8443

<< One more thing: Thanks, Steve. I guess I just had blinders on when
originally shopping for my HU, never noticing the 8443. >>

Not a problem, I never noticed it either. But I listened to it, aganist the
8053 (complete with the Balanced Line Adapter for thr 16V output) and couldn't
hear a difference. The "nob" remote wasn't worth $100 to me!

Steve Grauman September 13th 03 06:02 AM

Eclipse CD8443

<< There's this turn on thump that many a few of us find with Eclipse 8 V
units >>

I'm not getting it with my 8443.

Steve Grauman September 13th 03 06:05 AM

Eclipse CD8443

<< 1. There is a module, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, connected to
the rear of the unit. I don't see anywhere in the intruction manual what
this is for. Anyone? >>

I believe this has something to do with the Eclipse Commander Unit, but I'm not
positive.

<< Also, the other 3 pairs are labeled "IN/OUT" implying that they can act
as either pre-outs or inputs. Would these be used to connect some external
sound-processors? Just curious, not gonna ever use these as inputs I'm sure. >>

Again, I have to imagine this is related to the Commander and/or Eclipse's DSP
processor. I also know that Eclipse's in-dash 6 CD changer uses a digital
connection (letting the deck's DAC do the conversion work), and the single-line
digital connection it uses may require some kind of 2-way communication.

Bill Pallies September 14th 03 01:18 AM

Eclipse CD8443

Yup, I got it. Installed the unit last night. First I had the trouble of the
radio being heard, but complete silence when I tried to play CDs (Quiz:
Which wires did I reverse?) :-) Funny thing, though. I didn't get the turn
on thump when I had the amps connected to the power antenna lead. Hmm...

Off to get a delay relay...

-Bill

s.com...

Ryan Richards \(Diesel Breath\) September 14th 03 05:30 PM

Eclipse CD8443

> 2. There are 4 pairs of RCA connections on the back. Sub, Rear, and Front
> plus a "Fixed Out". What's this for? The manual shows it in drawings but
> never references it in text.

They are "deadouts"... they are line level signal outs that would go to an
external amplifier if you had one... Make sure you dont have one before
installing the unit...

Later,
Ryan (www.dieselbreath.com)

Bill Pallies September 15th 03 01:32 AM

Eclipse CD8443

I don't understand. I have two external amps as it is, a 4-channel for the
speakers and a 2-channel for the sub. That uses all three preouts (Sub,
Rear, and Front). This still leaves the Line Out. I suppose it's just a
full-range, non-crossed-over, non fading output, but it suprises me that
this isn't referenced in the manual nor is it touted in the sales
liturature.

-Bill

KaeZoo September 15th 03 02:28 AM

Eclipse CD8443

I'm not familiar with it, but my guess is that it's an output that's not
affected by the head unit's volume control.

m...

mikedt September 30th 03 11:43 PM

Eclipse CD8443

Where did you buy your HU? Do you know any online store where I can get
one? Thanks!
--
mikedt
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=157675

Steve Grauman October 1st 03 03:53 AM

Eclipse CD8443

<< Where did you buy your HU? >>

Mine came from Paris Audio in Beverly Hills, Ca.

<< o you know any online store where I can get
one? >>

I don't think Eclipse allows online sales. You can probably find one, but since
online dealers probably aren't Eclipse "certified", god knows where it came
from. Every state has different laws about "fair-sales" and an online dealer
may not live in a state where it's required to tell you that the unit is
refurbished, unless you ask about it.

Perry October 2nd 03 01:13 AM

Eclipse CD8443

"Steve Grauman" > wrote in message
> << Where did you buy your HU? >>
>
> Mine came from Paris Audio in Beverly Hills, Ca.
>
> << o you know any online store where I can get
> one? >>
>
> I don't think Eclipse allows online sales. You can probably find one, but

since
> online dealers probably aren't Eclipse "certified", god knows where it

came
> from. Every state has different laws about "fair-sales" and an online

dealer
> may not live in a state where it's required to tell you that the unit is
> refurbished, unless you ask about it.

As close as I have EVER seen to online sales of eclipse were the occasional
ebay ad. Eclipse decks are a pretty good deal, even at full retail IMO.

Steve Grauman October 2nd 03 02:35 AM

Eclipse CD8443

<< Eclipse decks are a pretty good deal, even at full retail IMO. >>

There's no question that they're high quality (maybe even the best) decks/cd
transports. But until the end of last year, when the old models (like the "old"
top of the line CD8062) were phased out, the were a tad overpriced in my book.
With the new models came a new price structure, and my CD8443 is the best deck
for the money in my book.

Linne March 9th 14 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pallies (Post 9545)
[...]

I would be equally irresponsible if I asserted the reverse, “Imagine not inhaling all that particulate matter, this would be beneficial to someone with COPD and smoke”. This also would be making a medical decision based on imagination, not objective evidence.

dolph August 6th 16 02:02 PM

Thank u dudes for help!
192.168.l.2