PDA

View Full Version : din 3pin mic connector

mike
July 5th 03, 12:13 AM
Hi,

I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
online? Thanks,

Mike

Ron Charles
July 5th 03, 12:32 AM
Instead of 3 pin din female to 3 pin XLR male cable, try finding screw on
metal adapters. I suspect you can find them at any good microphone shop
(48th Street???)
Where I live they cost $5 each and work much better than cables.
Ron Charles
"mike" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
> adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
> anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
> online? Thanks,
>
> Mike

Scott Dorsey
July 5th 03, 03:56 AM
mike > wrote:

> I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
>adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
>anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
>online? Thanks,

Sennheiser parts department has them cheaper than most places.

mike
July 7th 03, 09:31 PM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:13:06 GMT, mike > wrote:

Thanks guys,

Ron, I can't find those adapters anywhere-could you tell me where you
got them and maybe give me their phone#? Or perhaps if you know who
makes them? Thanks again.

> I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
>adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
>anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
>online? Thanks,
>
> Mike

Scott Dorsey
July 7th 03, 10:42 PM
mike > wrote:
>On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:13:06 GMT, mike > wrote:
>
>Ron, I can't find those adapters anywhere-could you tell me where you
>got them and maybe give me their phone#? Or perhaps if you know who
>makes them? Thanks again.
>
>> I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
>>adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
>>anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
>>online? Thanks,

Call Sennheiser parts. They have the connectors, and they might have
complete cables.

As always, make sure it doesn't need T-Power before you try it.
Or the wacky 9V powering that the MKH 104 takes.

Graham Hinton
July 8th 03, 12:07 AM
In article >,
mike > wrote:

>I can't find those adapters anywhere-could you tell me where you
>got them and maybe give me their phone#? Or perhaps if you know who
>makes them? Thanks again.

Are these what you are looking for? What colour would you like?

http://www.hinton.demon.co.uk/proaudio.html#mic

David Satz
July 8th 03, 04:04 AM
Scott Dorsey wrote:

> As always, make sure it doesn't need T-Power before you try it.
> Or the wacky 9V powering that the MKH 104 takes.

If they're Beyer microphones then they're either dynamic or they should
take standard 48 Volt phantom powering. As far as I know only Schoeps
and Sennheiser still offer condenser microphones for parallel powering
(Tonaderspeisung or "T-feed") any more.

The manufacturer of the connectors would be Amphenol-Tuchel GmbH but
I'd second the advice to get the parts from Sennheiser in Connecticut.

Ron Charles
July 9th 03, 01:17 AM
Mike,

Let me know of the are unavialable or over $5 each. If so I can buy them up
here and mail them to you.
Ron
"mike" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:13:06 GMT, mike > wrote:
>
> Thanks guys,
>

> Ron, I can't find those adapters anywhere-could you tell me where you
> got them and maybe give me their phone#? Or perhaps if you know who
> makes them? Thanks again.
>
> > I just bought a few beyer mics in Germany and need to make some
> >adapter cables as they all have 3-pin din tuchel connecters.Can
> >anyone suggest a place to buy some connecters in Nyc or preferably
> >online? Thanks,
> >
> > Mike

mike
July 9th 03, 05:30 PM
Hi Ron,Scott

Thanks for your help-Sennheiser is out of stock at the moment and I
like the idea of the screw on adapter but can,t find them
anywhere.Ron, that would be great if I could send you some money and
you could mail them-I need 4 if that's ok.My email is
if you would like to contact me privately.Thanks
again eveyone.BTW the mics are 3 beyer m160 and a m69 my wife just
brought back from a trip to Gemany.One came with a cable and so I
tried them out and I really love the m160 so far-looking forward to
getting them all recording at once!