PDA

View Full Version : RIP Barry White

Big Craigie
July 4th 03, 09:57 PM
Taken from BBC website

Singer Barry White dies

Barry White had been in poor health for some time
American soul singer Barry White has died in Los Angeles at the age of 58.
He died at Cedars Sinai Hospital in West Hollywood early on Friday,
according to his manager Ned Shankman.

His hits include You're My First, My Last, My Everything and Can't Get
Enough Of Your Love, Babe.

He had been ill for some time, suffering a stroke in May, following kidney
failure last autumn.

--
Big Craigie
Remove yourclothes to e-mail me

Only1Milty
July 4th 03, 11:31 PM
Rest in Peace my friend.
Your work remains.

Your brother in Christ,
Milton

JWelsh3374
July 5th 03, 02:13 AM
<<
Singer Barry White dies >>

Has anyone heard the tape where he is trying to cut a very 'wordy' radio spot
for some festival and some dude named Clarence is bothering him?

Fave quotes:

"I'm cutting a ****ing spot, Clarence!"

"Aww, somebody has this all ****ed up!"

"Jesus Christ how the hell do they expect me to say all these mother****ing
words?"

RIP, Loverman!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com

Bob Chandler
July 5th 03, 11:12 AM
(JWelsh3374) wrote in message >...
> <<
> Singer Barry White dies >>
>

> Has anyone heard the tape where he is trying to cut a very 'wordy' radio spot
> for some festival and some dude named Clarence is bothering him?
>
> Fave quotes:
>
> "I'm cutting a ****ing spot, Clarence!"
>
> "Aww, somebody has this all ****ed up!"
>
> "Jesus Christ how the hell do they expect me to say all these mother****ing
> words?"

Yes, I have it as a RealAudio URL---pretty funny stuff. Email if you'd like it

Bob

Fletcher
July 5th 03, 01:05 PM
JWelsh3374 wrote:

> <<
> Singer Barry White dies >>
>
> Has anyone heard the tape where he is trying to cut a very 'wordy' radio spot
> for some festival and some dude named Clarence is bothering him?
>
> Fave quotes:
>
> "I'm cutting a ****ing spot, Clarence!"
>
> "Aww, somebody has this all ****ed up!"
>
> "Jesus Christ how the hell do they expect me to say all these mother****ing
> words?"

The one I heard was a 'promo spot' for an upcoming show... and the person
interrupting was 'Tony' if I remember correctly... at one point Barry said
something like: "This is Barry White inviting your ass to come on down...."...
****ing brilliant. What a voice!!!
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Analogeezer
July 5th 03, 10:48 PM
(Only1Milty) wrote in message >...
> Rest in Peace my friend.
> Your work remains.
>
> Your brother in Christ,
> Milton

They had an article in the paper today about him...he got into
producing first, his first big break came with a SURF BAND! Wow that
was wild to read.

He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law".

The article also suggested he could have made a lot more money by
charging a few bucks a pop to leave outgoing messages on people's
answering machines...guy had a cool sounding speaking voice that is
for sure...

Analogeezer

EggHd
July 6th 03, 04:01 AM
<< He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law". >>

That didn't get metioned in the LA Times today. He did work for the guy who
had Richie Vallens but they never metioned surf or The Bobby Fuller 4.

---------------------------------------

Justin Ulysses Morse
July 6th 03, 10:50 AM
Analogeezer > wrote:

> He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law".

You mean the Clash? Or Dead Kennedys?

ulysses

Fletcher
July 6th 03, 12:38 PM
Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:

> Analogeezer > wrote:
>
> > He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law".
>
> You mean the Clash? Or Dead Kennedys?

Bobby Fuller?
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Richard Crowley
July 6th 03, 03:31 PM
And HE never needed Vocoder to get THAT sound.
Do you think it was really him on that Arby's advert?

Mike Rivers
July 6th 03, 04:59 PM
In article > writes:

> > He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law".
>
> You mean the Clash? Or Dead Kennedys?

Either one of those would be a more likely connection to Barry White
than the Bobby Fuller Four, but then there was a reggae version (of
the Bobby Fuller version) which White might more likely have produced.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

Roger W. Norman
July 6th 03, 05:44 PM
Most assuredly Bobby Fuller Four.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

301-585-4681

"Fletcher" > wrote in message
> Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:
>
> > Analogeezer > wrote:
> >
> > > He also produced who ever did " I Fought the Law".
> >
> > You mean the Clash? Or Dead Kennedys?
>
> Bobby Fuller?
> --
> Fletcher