PDA

View Full Version : Best Girlfriend for under $400

Nathan West
July 4th 03, 11:45 AM
I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?

--
Regards,
Nate West

Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

David Morley
July 4th 03, 02:27 PM
In article >,
Nathan West > wrote:

> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nate West
>
> Catapultam habeo.
> Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
> ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Vintage is best for me. Mine?s a ?67 model. Discrete too.
I just don?t trust the new ones.

Ken Lacouture
July 4th 03, 04:14 PM
Nathan West wrote:

> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?

Always go for a Class A.

Bob Olhsson
July 4th 03, 05:21 PM
In article >, Fletcher
> wrote:

>$400/night...
>you can find some pretty decent talent at that kind of freight...

And then there's $400 an hour!

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery Recording Project Design and Consulting
Box 90412, Nashville TN 37209 Tracking, Mixing, Mastering, Audio for Picture

transducr
July 4th 03, 07:35 PM
David Morley > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Nathan West > wrote:
>
> > I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Nate West
> >
> > Catapultam habeo.
> > Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
> > ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
> >

> Vintage is best for me. Mine?s a ?67 model. Discrete too.
> I just don?t trust the new ones.

WHEW! i thought for a second that you were going to make an
off-colored remark about all the cheap chinese models on the market!

David Morley
July 4th 03, 08:12 PM
In article >,
(transducr) wrote:

> > Vintage is best for me. Mine´s a 67 model. Discrete too.
> > I just dont trust the new ones.
>
> WHEW! i thought for a second that you were going to make an
> off-colored remark about all the cheap chinese models on the market!

Oh they are ok for the money. Hard to beat German models though (but
they do cost more).

Peter B.
July 4th 03, 08:18 PM
David Morley > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Nathan West > wrote:
>
> > I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Nate West
> >
> > Catapultam habeo.
> > Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
> > ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
> >

> Vintage is best for me. Mine?s a ?67 model. Discrete too.
> I just don?t trust the new ones.

If only a balanced model was available...

Peter

Ron Charles
July 4th 03, 08:43 PM
I would wait until you save up a bit more money and go with a Stereo Matched
Pair with robust M7 capsules and a sturdy shockmount.

RON CHARLES

"Nathan West" > wrote in message
> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nate West
>
> Catapultam habeo.
> Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
> ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Rob Reedijk
July 4th 03, 08:51 PM
Mike Rivers > wrote:

> At my stage of life, I prefer the ones without tubes.

Guys, sorry but this is lame, and really is beneath you. Can we forget
about all of the obvious jokes:

Bi-directional
Shock-mounting,
Pads,
Front-Address
comes in a wood box,
Stereo-pairs

....and all of the rest of the stupid facile puns you are about to make.

Rob R.

Marc Wielage
July 4th 03, 08:54 PM
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 3:45:20 -0700, Nathan West wrote
(in message >):

> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
>-----------------------------<snip>----------------------------<

Analog or Digital?

And I assume you'll want a direct-input.

--MFW

David Morley
July 4th 03, 09:27 PM
In article >,
Rob Reedijk > wrote:

> Mike Rivers > wrote:
>
> > At my stage of life, I prefer the ones without tubes.
>
> Guys, sorry but this is lame, and really is beneath you. Can we forget
> about all of the obvious jokes:
>
> Bi-directional
> Shock-mounting,
> Pads,
> Front-Address
> comes in a wood box,
> Stereo-pairs
>
> ...and all of the rest of the stupid facile puns you are about to make.
>
> Rob R.

Spoil sport.

Knud
July 4th 03, 10:22 PM
Using a pop filter will help keep the diaphragm clean.

{FACI-FUKI-NATIN}

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
July 4th 03, 10:43 PM
"Bob Olhsson" > wrote in message ...
> In article >, Fletcher
> > wrote:
>
> >$400/night...
> >you can find some pretty decent talent at that kind of freight...
>

> And then there's $400 an hour!

Yes... but I'd rather be the one doing the 'escorting'.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

> --
> Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery Recording Project Design and Consulting
> Box 90412, Nashville TN 37209 Tracking, Mixing, Mastering, Audio for Picture
> 615.385.8051 FAX: 615.385.8196 Mix Evaluation and Quality Control
> 40 years of making people sound better than they ever imagined!

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
July 5th 03, 02:34 AM
"Nathan West" > wrote in message ...
> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?

You'll simply have to spend more than that. Recently, a friend bought a
budget model thinking it would handle his needs adequately. The unit
more or less turned on him when he needed it the most. Here's a copy
of the correspondence that put my friend in search of another model :

Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a
slow down in the performance of the flower and jewelry applications
that had operated flawlessly under the Boyfriend 5.0 system. In addition,
Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as
Romance 9.9, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 7.4,
NBA 3.2 and NHL 4.1. Conversation 8.0 also no longer runs and
Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running
Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?
Signed,
Desperately Seeking Solution

Dear Desperate:
First, keep in mind that Boyfriend 5.0 was an entertainment package,
while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Try to enter the command
C:/I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and install Tears 6.2.. Husband 1.0
should then automatically run the applications: Guilt 3.3 and Flowers 7.5.
But remember overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to such
background applications as Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or
Beer 6.1. Please remember that Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that
will create SnoringLoudly.WAV files. DO NOT install Mother-In-Law 1.0
or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported
applications and will crash Husband 1.0. It could also potentially cause
Husband 1.0 to default to the program: Girlfriend 9.2, which runs in the
background and has been known to introduce potentially serious
viruses into the Operating System. In summary, Husband 1.0 is a
great program, but it does have a limited memory and can't learn new
applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to
enhance his system performance. I personally recommend Hot food
3.0 and Single Malt Scotch 4.5 combined with such applications as
Boob Job 3.6D and that old standby. . .Lingerie 6.9 (which have both
been credited with improved performance of his hardware).
Good Luck,
Tech Support

J.P. Ambrogi
July 5th 03, 02:35 AM
David Morley > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Nathan West > wrote:
>
> > I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Nate West
> >
> > Catapultam habeo.
> > Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
> > ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
> >

> Vintage is best for me. Mine?s a ?67 model. Discrete too.
> I just don?t trust the new ones.

Yep. Buy a vintage one. But before you plug send it for me so I can do
a proper diaphragm tensioning. For free!!

J.P. Ambrogi
Jardim Eletrico
BRAZIL

EdGerhard
July 5th 03, 03:20 AM
Hell, for 400 bucks I'll take two; you can always use extra inputs.
eg

transducr
July 5th 03, 07:02 AM
(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:<znr1057332643k@trad>...
> At my stage of life, I prefer the ones without tubes.

HA!

Tom Paul
July 5th 03, 10:01 PM
Nathan West > wrote in message >...
> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?

Let me steer you straight...if it fly, ****s or floats, lease it, don't but it.

Tom

Fletcher
July 8th 03, 01:15 AM
Mark Stebbeds wrote:

> In Las Vegas, you can get two girlfriends for $400.

....but can you touch their hair?
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

DavidMackBlauvelt
July 8th 03, 06:06 PM
Nathan West > wrote in
:

> I've tried them all...which do you guys recommend?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nate West

Have you tried the FAQ's?: