PDA

View Full Version : Re: Need XLR jack for SM57

transducr
July 4th 03, 08:56 AM
(Dirk Funk) wrote in message >...
> The XLR jack in the base of my SM57 is busted. Anyone know where I
> can find a replacement?

Are you experiencing Coaxial Flutter or Perpendicular Crosstalk on that unit?

"I ain't talkin' ****...I'm talkin' whip" -Dirk Funk

Richard Kuschel
July 4th 03, 03:55 PM

>The XLR jack in the base of my SM57 is busted. Anyone know where I
>can find a replacement?

Buy a Switchcraft A3M and use the guts.

Exactly the same part. About $3
Richard H. Kuschel

s76fitz
July 7th 03, 07:17 PM
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:55:38 GMT rec.audio.pro Fri 04 Jul 2003 10:55:38a

>>The XLR jack in the base of my SM57 is busted. Anyone know where I
>>can find a replacement?

call shure

http://www.shure.com/sales-service/service_policies_us.html

Replacement Parts

Most replacement parts (and many accessories) for Shure products are
available through our Service Department, including selected replacement
styli (needles) for phonograph cartridges. For information on purchasing
these items, please contact the Service Department directly.

You may phone us toll-free at 800-516-2525 or at 847-600-8699, or contact
us by email at .

--
fitz
in nyc, ny, usa

ART
July 7th 03, 09:49 PM
> >>The XLR jack in the base of my SM57 is busted. Anyone know where I
> >>can find a replacement?

I think you can purchase a standard Switchcraft XLR male connector and just
remove the guts and voila!

Good Luck!
ART

Dirk Funk