PDA

View Full Version : Crown PZM-30gpg needs a PXT adapter?

soundsubs
July 4th 03, 02:07 AM
I just bought a pair of Crown PZM 30gpg, now the internet says i need
a PXT adapter for them. Does anyone have any ideas how to get 2 of
these or make them myself or ???

thanks in advance.

-------shane

Scott Dorsey
July 4th 03, 04:23 PM
soundsubs > wrote:
>I just bought a pair of Crown PZM 30gpg, now the internet says i need
>a PXT adapter for them. Does anyone have any ideas how to get 2 of
>these or make them myself or ???

The internet says this? The internet says nothing. People say things.

On those older PZMs, all of the electronics are inside the PXT box. The
microphone itself is just the capsule and input FET with nothing else.

The microphone came with the PXT. You should go back to the guy that you
bought them from and ask them why he didn't include them with it.

I suppose you could build your own; the circuits that I used in my article
on how microphones work back in Recording last year will all work with the
Crown capsules. But it'll cost you more than those old things are worth,
really.

What do you want to do with them? You might find it easier to adapt them
to Plug-in-power or something, and sell them.