PDA

View Full Version : studio floor contruction

Thomas Thiele
July 3rd 03, 11:08 PM
How important is the studio floor contruction?
The reason why I ask is: the studio floor (one chipboard and the
boards under it) is broken.
It's a wooden contruction 10cm over the concrete ground.

We are thinking about filling the hole with massive concrete. Would
this affekt the studio sound?
How important is the floor contruction in general? How homogen or
symmetrical must it be?

willp17
July 4th 03, 07:03 PM
Thomas Thiele > wrote in message >...

> Hmm. But even you have not given an useful answer. And I did not found
> anything on the net.
> Roomsizes, acustical threatment for walls an ceilling. But floor?

Try these for starters:

http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.acoustics101.com/

Hope these help .

Ben Bradley
July 5th 03, 03:25 AM
In rec.audio.pro, (willp17) wrote:

>Thomas Thiele > wrote in message >...
>
>> Hmm. But even you have not given an useful answer. And I did not found
>> anything on the net.
>> Roomsizes, acustical threatment for walls an ceilling. But floor?
>
>Try these for starters:
>
>http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php
>
>http://www.acoustics101.com/

There's also the F. Alton Everest books, especially "The Master
Handbook of Acoustics" (though I don't recall anything specifically
about floors), and there's an acoustics forum at:

http://recording.org

>Hope these help .

Thomas Thiele
July 6th 03, 10:22 PM
unitron wrote:

> Is the hole the result of a clumsy anvil juggler or due to faulty
> materials?

A combination. It's on the way to the recording room. So it's the most
beaten part of the floor.
And the wood was wet. Not faulty.