PDA

View Full Version : Monitor extension cables - help

Mondoslug1
July 3rd 03, 11:01 AM
Can someone look at this. Is this what I need to extend a monitor, mouse &
keyboard into another room to lose the PC noise? Not to worry it's not some guy
blowing his brains out. Thanks

http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/Hardware_316441/Cables+and+A
dapters_316495/Peripheral+Cables_316444/Keyboard_F1_Mouse+Cables_316460/18
24798_ProdDetail.htm

My tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

Nathan Higgins
July 3rd 03, 11:55 AM
That cable is for a KVM switch (belkin's omniview specifically) hence the
rediculous price! Its gold plated aswel, woohooo!
It's not what you need
What you're after is a male to female ps2 lead (x2)
male to female monitor lead (x1)

If it costs anymore than £30 you are being robbed

--
Nathan D Higgins

Website: http://nathan.link9.net/
Email: nathan[at]link9[dot]net
Hosting: http://www.link9.net
WAP: http://wap.link9.net
MSN: nathan[at]link9[dot]net

Mondoslug1
July 3rd 03, 12:37 PM

>That cable is for a KVM switch (belkin's omniview specifically) hence the
>rediculous price! Its gold plated aswel, woohooo!
>It's not what you need
>What you're after is a male to female ps2 lead (x2)
>male to female monitor lead (x1)
>
>If it costs anymore than £30 you are being robbed
>
>--
>Nathan D Higgins
>
>Website: http://nathan.link9.net/
>Email: nathan[at]link9[dot]net
>Hosting: http://www.link9.net
>WAP: http://wap.link9.net
>MSN: nathan[at]link9[dot]net

Hey thanks, yeah I asked to soon.....finding what I need I think. beats the
hell out of trying to isolate the damn PC in a box.

My tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

Dale Farmer
July 3rd 03, 04:46 PM
Mondoslug1 wrote:

> Can someone look at this. Is this what I need to extend a monitor, mouse &
> keyboard into another room to lose the PC noise? Not to worry it's not some guy
> blowing his brains out. Thanks
>
> http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/Hardware_316441/Cables+and+A
> dapters_316495/Peripheral+Cables_316444/Keyboard_F1_Mouse+Cables_316460/18
> 24798_ProdDetail.htm
>
> My tunes at:
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

You can get them far cheaper from www.mpja.com
http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=14258+CB
for a six foot KVM cable, $9.98 each. They also have longer
ones that are seperate. Their stock varies, so you have to
keep checking to see what they have.
Video quality does degrade with the longer VGA cables.

--Dale

Ricky W. Hunt
July 3rd 03, 10:22 PM
The best prices (and service) I've found is here: http://www.cablesnmor.com
"Mondoslug1" > wrote in message
> Can someone look at this. Is this what I need to extend a monitor, mouse &
> keyboard into another room to lose the PC noise? Not to worry it's not
some guy
> blowing his brains out. Thanks
>
> http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/Hardware_316441/Cables+and+A
> dapters_316495/Peripheral+Cables_316444/Keyboard_F1_Mouse+Cables_316460/18
> 24798_ProdDetail.htm
>

> My tunes at:
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

Kurt Albershardt