PDA

View Full Version : RNP/RNC to Tascam US-122... proper way to connect?

Ben Prater
July 2nd 03, 09:34 PM
I have a RNC/RNP pair that I want to plug into my Tascam US-122. I
don't want to use the mic preamp in the latter. The Tascam has line-in
and inserts. (Here is a bigger image of the US-122:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030701225819066138151209025160/g=rec/g=rec/search/bigpid/base_id/105150/
)

How do I connect everything together? When I ordered the Tascam, I got
a variety of creative suggestions, including, "Why do you need a
preamp, the US-122 has one?". One guy had me off chasing a custom
cable.

What is the proper way to connect the pair to the US-122?

Ben

Tommy Bowen
July 2nd 03, 10:06 PM
"Ben Prater" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a RNC/RNP pair that I want to plug into my Tascam US-122. I
> don't want to use the mic preamp in the latter. The Tascam has line-in
> and inserts.
> How do I connect everything together?

Mic>RNP>Line in on Tascam and use a trs cable to go from RNC to Insert jack

or you could

MIC>RNP>RNC>Line in on Tascam if you don't have a trs cable handy.
- Tommy