When those aging buyers were asked why they didn't buy as much in
2002, their overwhelming answer was that there was "less music I want
to buy," followed by "prices too high." Downloading was a distant
third for the older demographics, but not surprisingly was running
neck and neck with high prices for the youngest, 1317-year-old group,
who found plenty of music they liked available.

Nathan West
July 2nd 03, 03:47 PM
Well after 3000 years people don't seem to move well...or at all.....maybe
that's why.....

wrote:

> Buyers 3650 years of age bought 18% less music during the end of year
> "high
> season" for sales. --

Regards,
Nate West

Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,
ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Don Cooper
July 2nd 03, 04:07 PM
Nathan West wrote:

> Well after 3000 years people don't seem to move well...or at all.....maybe
> that's why.....

That could be. Not like the

>> Younger buyers, the 1325 year-olds.

Don

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
July 2nd 03, 05:33 PM
> wrote in message ...
> http://www.stereophile.com/shownews.cgi?1671

> When those aging buyers were asked why they didn't buy as much in
> 2002, their overwhelming answer was that there was "less music I want
> to buy," followed by "prices too high." Downloading was a distant
> third for the older demographics, but not surprisingly was running
> neck and neck with high prices for the youngest, 1317-year-old group,
> who found plenty of music they liked available.

None of those old fogeys said, "My kids told me they already had all of the
music they needed, so they didn't ask me to buy them any on their birthdays
or at Christmas." (??)

DM

Musikboy
July 2nd 03, 07:26 PM
In article >,
> wrote:

Tinear, why don't you stop spamming this group before you get reported
ok? you're just trying to get hits for your lousy rag's website.

Musikboy
July 2nd 03, 10:36 PM
In article >,
> wrote:

> I have nothing to do with the mag, it's just the source of my point and no
> doubt some would be whining if a source was not provided. If you don't
> like the message, don't blaim the reporter. How about getting up the
> gumption to fix the music biz. The biz are all those now questionable for
> their need to exist middle folk, who can now be by passed as listeners
> seek directly the artists; and as the apple folk are showing; willing to
> pay for quality product at sane prices.
you're an idiot. all the product at the apple music store is from major
labels and besides, $10.99 per album is about what you get a real cd
for when discounted and cd's sound a hell of a lot better than aac. yet
another wanna be locked out of the major label sweepstakes so you 're
just a hater wishing and hoping something will brig it all down so
everyone will have to deliver pizzas for dominoes just like you.

> It's just plain old market
> economy at work and the luddites are squealing.
>

> >Tinear, why don't you stop spamming this group before you get reported
> >ok? you're just trying to get hits for your lousy rag's website.

July 2nd 03, 11:52 PM
True, but it shows the toss the middleman model works, and in creasingly
there are direct from artist to listener activity. When others get in the
act prices will fall and variety and quality increase. Let's review the
reasons it will be the wave of the future, real competition between direct
and midlleman biz models for price, choice of which tunes to buy on a per
tune basis, complete after sale use and control of the product with no
crippleware, teriffic potential to showcase new and/or an expanded range
of artists and muscial types, ignoring the middleman manipulation of
marketing including the "let's invent a new group" with no talent, a
preview before you buy marketplace where the mouse click is the ultimate
king, greater work for the production folk to get product online and into
competion, greater motivation to go broadband to get compressed formats in
a few seconds, or make your picks of single tunes and get them on a disk
by delivery, and that is just what is comes to mind witout too much
consideration. The market is wide open and will stimulate more ways to
make direct from artist to listener an every day experience. Everyone
wins, except the midleman monoply we have now, including major talent who
are tired of shafting from the music biz, The music biz is trying to drive
the market, but the listener can now be in the driver seat like no time
before, side by side with the artists as a team.

>you're an idiot. all the product at the apple music store is from major
>labels and besides, $10.99 per album is about what you get a real cd
>for when discounted and cd's sound a hell of a lot better than aac. yet
>another wanna be locked out of the major label sweepstakes so you 're
>just a hater wishing and hoping something will brig it all down so
>everyone will have to deliver pizzas for dominoes just like you.
>

>> It's just plain old market
>> economy at work and the luddites are squealing.
>>

>> >Tinear, why don't you stop spamming this group before you get reported
>> >ok? you're just trying to get hits for your lousy rag's website.

reddred
July 3rd 03, 06:20 PM
"Don Cooper" > wrote in message
> Nathan West wrote:
>
> > Well after 3000 years people don't seem to move well...or at
all.....maybe
> > that's why.....
>
> That could be. Not like the
>
> >> Younger buyers, the 1325 year-olds.

Elves listen to some LAME-ASS tunes. They're messing up the whole market.

jb