PDA

View Full Version : Delta 1010 LT - nightmare .... yes , another frustrated user.....!

john granville
July 2nd 03, 12:25 PM
All,
I have just invested in the Midi Delta 1010LT. I am having problems
with pops and cracks on playback. I have seen numerous messages about
this on the newsgroups but few actually provide a fix.. There are
concerns over Via Chipsets (which I am using) and I would like to know
do the cards work on Motherboards with this chipset ? It seems they do
, or so I can gather from the hours of hunting I have been doing on
the Web. I have two problems , surely they can't be that hard to fix
... ?
All I would like is a couple of simple steps/answers that I can
perform and get back to doing what I brought the card for in the first
place -- making music.

Problem #1: Cracks and pops on playback - I have tried every
combination of settings I can think of, believe me hours have been
spent on this to no avail. I have managed to get playback and reduced
the cracks and pops so they are minumal but on a three minute song I
will get at least three offensive sounds and frankly , that is not
good enough. My system seems stable , there are no IRQ conflicts.

Problem #2: System overload. Again , I have managed to get this to a
minimal , mainly by taking off the Large disk buffer in control panel
, but still does this too frequently for serious work. My old
soundcard ,audiophile 2496 , used to run massive amounts of plug-ins
,effects etc with no probs. Why , now I have installed this card has
it decided to change ?! I gues that verifies that midiman drivers DO
work with Via chipsets as I have been using the audiophile for two
years with minimal problems.

Come on Midiman , this is not good enough. Why did no-one tell me this
on purchase ? (why do I not do my research!!) but i did do my research
, that was the best card available for the price .. or so I thought !

I am fed up and in serious need of help to get a stable system that I
can move forward on.
Thanks in advance for any help
John

Spec:
Dell Pentium 3 GX1 450mhz
752m memeory
18G h/drive

Abyssmal
July 2nd 03, 12:41 PM
First off, make sure you have the latest drivers for your soundcard.
The one on the install disk may be a year old.Upgrade to the latest
version of whatever program you are using for audio. Update to the
latest service pack for the OS you are using.We had problems with a M
audio card, and their tech support offered no help.These steps cured
our crackling problems.As for overload, that may be a different story.
If you installed newer versions of plugins, software, etc, this could
reduce available power because newer versions usually take more power
to run them.

We have a pentium 4, with a gig of ram, and we were running into
overload problems on a 60 track mix.No setting changes helped, we had
run out of power, So we got a UAD card and it works when we need the
extra horsepower.You should go to the forums,websites,newsgroups
for not only your delta card, but also for your software of choice.
You will probably find a similar problem, and maybe a solution to your
problem from someone who dealt with it in the past.

Randall

>All,
>I have just invested in the Midi Delta 1010LT. I am having problems
>with pops and cracks on playback. I have seen numerous messages about
>this on the newsgroups but few actually provide a fix.. There are
>concerns over Via Chipsets (which I am using) and I would like to know
>do the cards work on Motherboards with this chipset ? It seems they do
>, or so I can gather from the hours of hunting I have been doing on
>the Web. I have two problems , surely they can't be that hard to fix
>.. ?
>All I would like is a couple of simple steps/answers that I can
>perform and get back to doing what I brought the card for in the first
>place -- making music.
>
>Problem #1: Cracks and pops on playback - I have tried every
>combination of settings I can think of, believe me hours have been
>spent on this to no avail. I have managed to get playback and reduced
>the cracks and pops so they are minumal but on a three minute song I
>will get at least three offensive sounds and frankly , that is not
>good enough. My system seems stable , there are no IRQ conflicts.
>
>Problem #2: System overload. Again , I have managed to get this to a
>minimal , mainly by taking off the Large disk buffer in control panel
>, but still does this too frequently for serious work. My old
>soundcard ,audiophile 2496 , used to run massive amounts of plug-ins
>,effects etc with no probs. Why , now I have installed this card has
>it decided to change ?! I gues that verifies that midiman drivers DO
>work with Via chipsets as I have been using the audiophile for two
>years with minimal problems.
>
>Come on Midiman , this is not good enough. Why did no-one tell me this
>on purchase ? (why do I not do my research!!) but i did do my research
>, that was the best card available for the price .. or so I thought !
>
>I am fed up and in serious need of help to get a stable system that I
>can move forward on.
>Thanks in advance for any help
>John
>
>Spec:
>Dell Pentium 3 GX1 450mhz
>752m memeory
>18G h/drive

Matt
July 3rd 03, 07:06 PM
I was using a 1010 (not the LT, the one with the breakout box and 8 line
inputs) and having the same problem. I was trying to record using Vegas
Video, and sometimes the audio would be clean and sometimes crackly. I
switched to Cool Edit Pro for tracking and then transferring the wave
files over to Vegas for mixing. Using CEP, I got great audio every time.
Now that CEP2.1 is out, I use that for tracking and mixing - it works fine
for me since I don't use MIDI for anything.

Good luck,

Matt Farrow