PDA

View Full Version : Re: Speaker cables

Justin Ulysses Morse
July 2nd 03, 07:29 AM
This would all be great and applicable to an audio discussion if it
were true, but it's not. You may say that "680nm is red" but you won't
get a consensus on the topic. If you take a stack of say 50 color
samples ranging in tiny increments from yellow to orange and ask 100
different people to pick out "the red one" you will probably get about
5 or 10 different answers. Most of the responses will fall around the
two or three in the middle, but not all of them. Yes, I have actually
done this (with 20 people, not 100) and my idea of "red" was different
from the guy next to me. Not by much, but by enough to throw this
"objectivity" argument out the window. When you draw a picture of a
rainbow you only need six crayons but a real rainbow has an infinite
number of colors and there's no solid black line lithographed between
them.

ulysses